I have good news and bad news. The good news is: next week is my last week of recipe development for my cookbook! Exclamation point! The bad news is: I didn’t have time to do a What I Ate This Week post for today. So instead, I’m going to show you what I wish I ate this week. It’s something different and exciting, yes?
1. Eggplant Pomodoro with Angel Hair Pasta [New South Food Company] // How beautiful is this pasta dish? Between the eggplant, tomatoes, and fresh basil, this is the perfect end-of-summer recipe.
2. Coconut Chia Seed Pudding [The Roasted Root] // I would totally eat this for breakfast. I make a lot of chocolate chia pudding and I’ve been meaning to try something different.
3. Grilled Portobello Mushroom Tacos with Mango Black Bean Salsa [Tasty Yummies] // I can’t get enough Mexican food lately! And you kind of have to grill on Labor Day, right? It would be a travesty if you didn’t.
4. “Pulled” Cauliflower BBQ Sandwiches [Beard + Bonnet] // This is waaaaay up there on my must-make list. I have a faux pulled pork sandwich recipe made with summer squash, but I never thought to use cauliflower.
5. Rainbow Chard Quinoa Bowls with Curry Coconut Broth [With Food + Love] // Chris came home from the grocery store with boxes and boxes of clearance quinoa (yay, clearance quinoa!), so this recipe is also on my must-make list.
6. Simple Asian Soy-Peanut Noodles [The Comfort of Cooking] // You know me, I love a good Asian noodle recipe. This would be great for lunch boxes too!
7. Mushroom Quesadillas with Tomato and Corn Salsa [Cookie Monster Cooking] // See? I told you I’m on a Mexican food kick. I haven’t made mushroom quesadillas in so long…
8. Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Salad with Chickpeas [Dishing Up the Dirt] // Recipes like this make me feel like, “Okay, I think I can deal with summer ending soon.” Cauliflower and broccoli are two of my favorite vegetables to roast.
9. Grain-Free Chocolate Banana Pancakes [A Girl Worth Saving] // I decided to try an anti-inflammatory diet to see if it helps with my eczema, which means cutting out white flour. Although my friend Kelly’s blog is paleo, which is kind of the opposite of vegetarian, there’s a surprising amount of overlap between the way we eat. These pancakes are completely grain-free; I think I might make a batch or two and freeze them!
10. Sesame Curry Kale Chips [The Clean Dish] // I always want to buy kale chips at the store because they come in so many crazy flavors. But they’re like $7 for a wee bitty bag. $7! Unfortunately, I am not Lisa Vanderpump rich, so I have to make my own kale chips. I love that these are curry flavored!
11. Cheezy Polenta Jalapeño Poppers with Mango Salsa [Nutrition Stripped] // I like the idea of jalapeño poppers, but they’re a little too much for me with all that cheese in the middle. It’s the kind of food you look forward to, but then after you finish eating, you feel like blergh. Solution? Fill the peppers with polenta instead. You get that same creaminess, minus the heavy cheese.
12. Zucchini Pesto [Running to the Kitchen] // I don’t have the excess zucchini problem everyone else seems to have at this time of year, but I can pretend, right? I’ve never thought to use zucchini in a pesto, but this looks delicious!
Are you hungry for more vegetarian meal ideas? Follow Oh My Veggies on Pinterest, where I’m pinning tasty recipes all week long!