This Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers recipe make a colorful and joyful presentation. The different colors of the peppers make this a truly delightful dish.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions chopped
- 4 bell peppers top and seeds removed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup red beans
- ¾ cup cheese grated
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, and cook green onion and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, broth, salsa, spices, and red beans.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is al dente.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds inside.
- Fill the peppers with the rice stuffing, compacting slightly. Place the peppers in a baking dish and garnish with cheese.
- Pour an inch of water into the bottom of the dish. Cook 30 minutes or until peppers are very tender.