This Easy Rosé Sauce is perfect for pasta. The recipe is simple to make, and the sauce is extremely tasty! Serve with a side of crusty garlic bread.
Sometimes simple is best - and that's definitely the case with this rose pasta sauce. It only requires a handful of ingredients, which you probably already have in your pantry.
To make rose pasta sauce, simply saute a bit of garlic in olive oil. Add a can of plain tomato sauce. Then stir in some cream and parmesan cheese.
Tips & Tricks
Adjust the seasoning. You can season the rose sauce with salt and pepper, as in the recipe. Or you can experiment with adding your favorite fresh herbs, such as basil or oregano.
Cooking cream. The recipe calls for cooking cream, which is somewhat lighter than heavy cream. However, if you can't find that, feel free to substitute heavy cream instead.
Tomato Sauce. I find it best to use a plain canned tomato sauce as the base for this rose sauce. That allows you to adjust the seasoning to your own particular taste.
Enjoy! And if you love pasta, be sure to check out these other delicious vegetarian pasta recipes.
- Cut the garlic into small pieces. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic. Cook it for 1 minute. Do not roast, as this will change the taste of the sauce. Stir a little.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir well.
- Add the parmesan cheese while stirring with a whisk. Mix well.
- Add the cream and stir while bringing to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir well for about 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta.