This Vegan Carrot Soup is loaded with the belly-warming flavors of garlic, turmeric, and onion. It's simple to throw together and is so creamy and delicious, you'd never know it's entirely plant based.
I've been on a major soup kick lately, and it's easy to see why. There's something just so warm and comforting about a big, creamy bowl of soup.
You can check out all my fave vegan soups here, but this is a great one to start with.
This vegan carrot soup is a delicious one-pot meal that takes very little effort. You’ll be surprised how easy it is to toss this soup together.
Plus, if you need to make a large batch, it’s a breeze to double or even triple the recipe. It’s easy to store as well, making it great for vegan meal prep.
This vegan carrot soup is:
- 100% plant based
- Easy to throw together with just a few simple ingredients.
- Perfect for a simple weeknight dinner or make-ahead meal.
- Creamy and delicious!
How to Make Vegan Carrot Soup
- Prep - Dice the onion and chop the carrot.
- Saute - Saute onion and garlic in oil until the onion is translucent.
- Simmer - Add broth, carrots, cocount m and seasonings. Simmer until the carrots are soft.
- Blend and serve - Blend the soup until smooth and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Scroll down for the full recipe with detailed instructions and measurements.
Tips and Variations
Eat it cold - If you’re into cold soups like gazpacho, this vegan soup is delicious when it’s chilled as well. This makes it great for brunches, lunches, or even a picnic!
Make it spicy - If you would like to give your soup a little kick, add some crushed red peppers, or a little smoked paprika.
Use other onions - Use any type of onion you have on hand. Red, yellow, or white onions will all work just fine.
Add ginger - Try adding in a bit of fresh ginger for an extra dose of flavor! It's a totally delicious variation.
Use roasted carrots - Instead of boiling your carrots, you can also opt to roast them until soft. This will change up the flavor a bit, making it a touch richer.
Store carrot soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When reheating from the freezer, let the carrot soup thaw naturally and then heat in the microwave or on the stove top. Just skip the thawing step if reheating from the fridge.
Yes! This recipe is naturally gluten-free so you don’t need to make any changes.
Vegan carrot soup is a very light meal, which means your sides can range from light to heavy. The great thing about soup in general is that it pairs well with countless sides.
For example, just about any veggie side dish, would be a great addition to this meal. These Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts, Loaded Sweet Potato With Spicy Black Beans and Cashew-Lime Cream, or Crispy Roast Potatoes are some of my favorites!
Of course, salads are a classic pairing when it comes to soup. Some of my go-tos are this Easy Summer Orzo Salad, Mushroom, Lemon and Lentil Salad, or Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad.
All kinds of bread is always a grand idea, or even a sandwich for dipping!
Oh, so you have an abundance of carrots to use up? Other than this soup, carrots are delicious treats by themselves, roasted with other veggies, or used in other soups like this vegetable soup.
You could even make a delicious dessert like this Gluten Free Carrot Cake! When in doubt, you can always pickle any carrots you need to use up as well.
Other Soup Recipes You Might Like:
If you love this carrot soup, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan soup recipes:
- Vegan French Onion Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
- Vegan One-Pot Potato Soup
- Vegan Mushroom Soup
- Ginger Garlic Soup
- Blender - Traditional or Immersion
- In a large pot, cook the olive oil, garlic, and onion in a drizzle of olive oil, until the onion is translucent. It will take 3-5 minutes.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and let the soup simmer on low/medium for about 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Or alternatively, use an immersion blender to puree the soup right in the pot. Serve and enjoy!