Round-Ups/ vegetarian recipes

20 Vegetarian Sandwich Recipes

Crispy Tofu Sandwiches with Ginger Peanut Sauce

Crispy Tofu Sandwiches with Ginger Peanut Sauce Recipe
If you’ve followed Oh My Veggies for a while, you’ve probably noticed that I post a lot of sandwich recipes. I can’t help it! I just love sandwiches! They’re easy to eat, they’re usually easy to make, and they’re always filling. And since most restaurants seem to have the same few vegetarian sandwich options on the menu, if you want a creative meatless sandwich, you kind of have to do it yourself, don’t you?

Ready to make some vegetarian sandwiches? Here are some vegetarian sandwich recipes to help you out!

Crispy Tofu Sandwiches with Ginger Peanut Sauce
Bourbon Mango Pulled Squash Sandwiches
Shiitake Panini with Roasted Asparagus Pesto
Southwestern Veggie Wraps

BBQ Tempeh SandwichesBBQ Tempeh Sandwiches
Drunken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Roasted Butternut Squash Panini
Veggie & Tempeh Sloppy Joes

French Onion Soup SandwichesFrench Onion Soup Sandwiches
Roasted Garlic Grilled Cheese
Sloppy Lentils
Portabella Mushroom Bagel Sandwiches
Grilled Portabella Panini With Artichoke TapenadeGrilled Portabella Panini with Artichoke Tapenade
Panera-Style Tomato & Mozzarella Panini
Spinach, Caramelized Onion & Roasted Pepper Open-Faced Sandwiches
Roasted Red Pepper and Mozzarella Sandwiches with Arugula Pesto

Portabella Cheesesteaks RecipePortabella Mushroom Cheesesteaks
Pear & Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Meatless Monte Cristo
Pesto-Roasted Veggie Sandwiches

Vegetarian Sandwich Cookbooks!

post_veg sandwiches
If you’re looking for more vegetarian and vegan sandwich recipes, here are some additional resources:

Vegetarian Sandwiches: Fresh Fillings for Slices, Pockets, Wraps, and Rolls

Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day!: Revolutionary New Takes on Everyone’s Favorite Anytime Meal

Around the World with Vegetarian Sandwiches and Wraps

The Yogini Panini: Vegan Sandwiches, Burgers, and Sides

Grace @ Perpetual Nomming
    April 9, 2013 at 8:28 am

Kiersten…i think you’re my new hero. All these look so delicious! Thank you thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

xx Grace

April 9, 2013 at 8:35 am

Look at you go, sandwich girl!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Shelly
    April 9, 2013 at 8:40 am

I’m so happy you love sandwiches as much as I do! Thank you!

Grace @ FoodFitnessFreshAir
    April 9, 2013 at 8:44 am

Bahn Mi always hooks me in! This weekend I actually stopped at a local Vietnamese joint, and was able to get a bahn mi with homemade tofu, and a glass of homemade soy milk on the side. Was a fun experience. That crispy tofu with ginger peanut sauce also sounds like a great tofu sandwich.

April 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

I wish I could find a vegetarian banh mi around here! That sounds awesome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cassie | Bake Your Day
    April 9, 2013 at 9:18 am

I love sandwiches of all kinds. This is a great list! I’ve had your cheesesteaks on my list for a while now. I think I’m adding those to my meal plan for next week. They look so good!

April 9, 2013 at 11:50 am

I hope you like them! That recipe has been really popular. ๐Ÿ™‚

Laura (Tutti Dolci)
    April 9, 2013 at 11:20 am

I love vegetarian sandwiches, what a great round-up!

Christy
    April 9, 2013 at 11:31 am

What a fantastic list! Now our whole wheat wraps just don’t seem all that appealing ๐Ÿ˜‰

April 9, 2013 at 11:48 am

Aw, wraps are always appealing to me! ๐Ÿ˜€

Alissa N
    April 9, 2013 at 11:36 am

I have been super into sandwiches lately, but have had a total mental block about new things to make. Now that I have a panini press that is just begging me to make something good, I feel like I can’t let it down. I can’t wait to make some of these, they all look amazing!! Thanks for including me too, you are awesome!! ๐Ÿ™‚

April 9, 2013 at 11:46 am

Are you loving the panini press?! You should check out Panini Happy–Kathy has so many different ideas for using panini presses. Like making ice cream cones! I still need to try that one…

Lisa
    April 9, 2013 at 11:40 am

Oh, my! I can’t wait for lunch!

Debi at Life Currents
    April 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

Thanks for including my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Sammie. I love sandwiches and have lots more on my site. I can’t wait to check out all the other ones. Thanks again for the link love! ๐Ÿ™‚

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today
    April 9, 2013 at 11:56 am

Yes! I am polish so I love sandwiches as well. Our mamas make us sandwiches on breakfast and usually on supper as well. This make me a sandwich lover as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer Holovack
    April 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm

LOVE THIS POST! Thank you!

Sonja / A Couple Cooks
    April 9, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for including us in this roundup! I agree with Grace, banh mi is one of my favorite sandwiches! We just made a version that was incredibly tasty with egg, based on a sandwich I ate in Laos. These all look delicious!

April 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Your tofu sandwich is still my favourite!

Alecia
    April 9, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Hi Kiersten, I love your blog, and you have inspired me to start my own. It deals with my weighloss struggle while focusing on vegetarian food. The format is really fugly right now, but I will work on that later – I wanted to get started. I just wrote my first post, so please let me know what you think?
    Thanks,
    Alecia

Richa
    April 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm

wow.. that is one amazing collection.. so many different options and easily mix and match as well.. Thanks for including my shroom frittata hash-brown sandwich!:)

Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama
    April 9, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Wow what a round up! I am salivating over your mushroom cheese steaks.

Averie @ Averie Cooks
    April 9, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Dang girl. This post is just CHOCK full of good ideas! Thanks for sharing them! I want to use my new sandwich bread recipe on one of them!

April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

I love that sandwich bread! I need to make that soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

Julia
    April 9, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thanks so much for having my roasted eggplant as part of your vegetarian sandwich line up! All your finds look delicious and I’m definitely going to be using this post as a resource for lunches!

Natalie @ Once Upon a Cutting Board
    April 9, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I always find that vegetarian sandwiches and burgers sound SO much more interesting on menus compared to meat sandwiches that just focus on the meat and not the other ingredients. Great round up, and thanks for including one of mine!

Hannah @Tales From The Last Frontier
    April 9, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Great post! I am also a big fan of the go-to sandwich. Pear & Sharp Cheddar is one of my all-time favorite sammies. Soooo delicious. Will definitely be trying a few of these in the near future. Thanks for sharing!

Maria Tadic
    April 9, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Thanks for posting this! I love sandwiches and it’s been hard for me to keep thinking up new ideas! I can’t wait to try some of these out!

Stephanie @ henry happened
    April 9, 2013 at 9:55 pm

what a totally yummy list – and of course yours are my favorites!! I keep meaning to make the grilled cheese with beer ๐Ÿ™‚

April 10, 2013 at 7:57 pm

That is one of Chris’s favorite recipes. He still talks about it all the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl
    April 9, 2013 at 10:03 pm

I am a sandwich fanatic!! And to have SO many vegetarian options is awesome. Thanks for putting together this list! ๐Ÿ™‚

April 10, 2013 at 12:06 am

I’ve never heard of a Mexican grilled cheese before, but I love the concept! And I still have to try the crispy tofu.

• 1 2 3