This Thai Red Curry is packed with delicious veggies like asparagus and tofu, and simmered in a sweet and savory red curry broth. Totally delicious - plus it's vegetarian and vegan friendly too.
This recipe for Thai Red Curry with Asparagus and Tofu is simply amazing and is so easy to make. It's quickly become one of my favorite easy weeknight dinners.
Tips & Tricks
Press the tofu. To get that nice crispy tofu, make sure you take the time to press the tofu before cooking! Use a tofu press and press for at least 30 minutes.
Serving Ideas. Serve this red curry over rice noodles or steamed rice. It's terrific with both white rice (we recommend a nice jasmine rice for this dish) or brown rice. You really can't go wrong.
Red Curry Paste. The red curry paste is the secret ingredient in this recipe! So be sure to use a high quality brand. I personally use this one!
More Tasty Ideas
If you love this red curry recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- 1 tbsp peanut oil canola or vegetable oil works too
- 14 oz extra-firm tofu pressed for 30 minutes (you can use a tofu press), cut into triangles
- 13.5 oz canned light coconut milk unsweetened
- ¼ cup Thai red curry paste
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper medium, thinly sliced
- 1 lb asparagus tough ends removed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cooked rice or rice noodles for serving
- lime wedges for garnish
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat peanut oil in large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add tofu triangles and cook for 5 minutes; flip tofu over and cook 5 minutes more on other side. Place tofu on a plate lined with paper towels (to soak up excess oil) and wipe out skillet (carefully!).
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add ½ cup of coconut milk and cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens (about 2 minutes). Stir in red curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining coconut milk, broth, soy sauce, and sugar. Once sauce comes to a simmer, add red pepper; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in asparagus and cook 3 minutes more.
- Return tofu to skillet and stir until coated with curry sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve over noodles or rice; garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.