This kale pasta with lemon juice is ready in just 15 minutes, but certainly doesn't miss any flavor! Make it with simple ingredients and serve as a vegan weeknight dinner or easy lunch.
I've never been one to turn down kale. It's certainly not the most appetizing when eaten plain, but the versatility is what gets me.
Nope, you don't need to stick to kale smoothies if that's not your thing. As you can see here, kale can be just as easily turned into pasta.
Or a kale soup or a kale salad or a kale quiche... you get the idea.
This kale pasta is one of my go-to weeknight meals. It's also great to put in your lunchbox, considering the fact that it tastes just as good cold - so, no microwave needed.
The final result is creamy, savory and with a hint of cheesiness and garlic. Serve it with a generous sprinkling of chili flakes, and you're good to go.
Ingredients for kale pasta
- Pasta of your choice. To make this recipe gluten-free, simply use any gluten-free pasta of your choice. You can also use chickpea pasta or any other legume pasta variety.
- Kale. Use any kale variety of your choice.
- Soy yogurt, or any other vegan yogurt of your choice.
- Salt and garlic powder.
- Maple syrup. You can use any liquid sweetener of your choice instead too.
- Grated vegan cheese.
- Lemon juice. Lime juice also works.
How to make kale pasta
Firstly, cook the pasta according to instructions on packaging. This usually takes 10-12 minutes. Drain when done.
Meanwhile, add the kale, soy yogurt, salt, garlic powder, maple syrup, grated cheese and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Blend until all the kale breaks down.
When the pasta is ready, mix it with the sauce and serve with any garnishes of your choice, or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Other vegan pasta recipes
- My vegan avocado pasta is a must-try.
- You can't go wrong with roasted red pepper pasta.
- Vegan cacio e pepe is comfort food perfection.
- Sweet potato pasta is cozy and delicious.
- Caramelized onion pasta is perfect for dinner.
- 8 oz pasta
- 5 cups kale de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup vegan cheese grated
- juice of 1 lemon
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on packaging. This usually takes 10-12 minutes. Drain when done.8 oz pasta
- Add the kale, soy yogurt, salt, garlic powder, maple syrup, grated cheese and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Blend until all the kale breaks down.5 cups kale, 1 cup soy yogurt, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1 cup vegan cheese
- When the pasta is ready, mix it with the sauce and serve with any garnishes of your choice, or keep in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
La La says
Wow, this is very yummy. I only had a barely 3 cups kale around, so 2 cups were spinach. With gluten free pasta (a corny kind.). Turned out great! There did seem to be A LOT of sauce, but all good, it’s so delicious. I also LOVE that the sauce is raw! Thank you so much for this recipe, Nicole