Looking for an awesome way to use veggie dogs? Make drunken franks by adding some onions and mushrooms that were sauteed in a little bit of lager. If you like caramelized onions, you will love them when they're sauteed in beer and topping a Field Roast Frankfurter.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- ½ c. lager
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Field Roast Frankfurters
- 4 whole wheat hot dog buns
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add mushrooms and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add lager, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes, until lager has formed a thick sauce.
- Reduce heat to low. Push mushrooms and onions to one side of the skillet. Add franks and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes or so, until warmed through. (Continue to stir the onions and mushrooms too!) Place franks on buns and top with onions and mushrooms.
Tip: Any vegetarian frank can be substituted