This Vegan Potato Salad is creamy and loaded with tender potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery in each bite. Whip up a batch for dinner or a summer side dish that will win over any crowd.
If you are a fan of potato salad, this recipe will win you over. Grab a fork and dive in to this crunchy and creamy summer salad.
Need a few more recipes to round out your barbecue or picnic menu? For the main dish, try these flavorful Bourbon Mango Pulled Summer Squash Sandwiches, Vegan Baked Beans, or BBQ Pulled Mushroom Sandwiches if you're feeling fancy.
If you want something a little easier to prep ahead of time, go ahead and make these Easy Ham & Cheddar Potluck Sandwiches for the meat-eaters and Barbecued Honey Tofu Skewers for vegan & vegetarian friends. Last but not least, make a poke cake for dessert, like this colorful 4th of July Poke Cake!
This Vegan Potato Salad Recipe Is...
- Naturally gluten-free
- Great potluck side dish
- Made with simple ingredients
How to Make Vegan Potato Salad
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-size pieces. Then boil as directed.
- Peel and prep the other ingredients, and place in a bowl.
- Add in the other ingredients and mix well.
- Drain and cool down the potatoes, then mix in.
- Let the potato salad cool for 1 hour before serving.
Tips And Tricks For Vegan Potato Salad
Choose The Right Potatoes
You will find that not all potatoes cook the same. The best potatoes for this recipe include Russet and Yukon Gold potatoes. Make sure to dice and cook up the potatoes as directed.
Pay attention to the firmness of your potatoes. If you overcook the potatoes, you will find that they will turn too soft. Potatoes that aren't very firm before cooking will take less time to cook.
Cut Potatoes Evenly
Make sure that you cut all your potatoes and vegetables evenly. By keeping the cut pieces even, you will create a more evenly cooked and flavored potato salad.
Variations To Vegan Potato Salad
Use Other Vegetables
Skip on the carrots or the celery if you want. Or cut up and add in other vegetables that you might enjoy. Feel free to use any veggies for this potato salad recipe that sound good to you.
Try Adding Pickles
Consider adding in dill or even sweet relish to the potato salad. These classic pickle flavors will add a nice tang to your salad. Feel free to use whichever kind of herbs or pickles you would like.
Season Your Salad Differently
You can control the flavor of your potato salad by adjusting the spices and seasonings you use. Use a creole seasoning for a Cajun-spice flavor spin. Or keep it simple with just salt and pepper.
Vegan Potato Salad FAQs
Can I serve potato salad warm?
You can indeed serve up this potato salad warm. Potato salads are traditionally served cold, but this Vegan Potato Salad does taste delicious warm and freshly assembled.
Do you need to peel potatoes for potato salad?
Whether you peel the potatoes for your salad or not is up to you. You will find that the potato salad will have a chewier texture if you leave the peels on. If you peel the potatoes, the recipe will have a more tender and creamy texture.
- Peel and chop potatoes into bite-size pieces. Cook potatoes in boiling water or a steamer until tender.
- Peel carrot and chop into small pieces. Cook in boiling water or a steamer until tender.
- Drain both potatoes and carrots and place in a big bowl.
- Chop red onion and celery sticks in small pieces and add them to the bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, olive oil, and seasonings. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Let salad chill for an hour in the fridge.