Enjoy these crispy, sweet Barbecued Honey Tofu Skewers at your next summer barbecue! Even the family member who doesn’t love tofu will love this recipe!
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 block extra-firm tofu cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into cubes
- 1 zucchini sliced
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water about 15 minutes before cooking.
- In a bowl, combine honey with soy sauce and garlic. Add the tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge, ideally for 8 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium-high power.
- Drain tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Reserve the marinade.
- Alternatingly pierce cubes of tofu, peppers, and zucchini on skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot and oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with a little marinade.
- Serve with rice if desired.