Enjoy these crispy, sweet Barbecued Honey Tofu Skewers at your next summer barbecue! Even the family member who doesn’t love tofu will love this recipe!
Servings: 4 servings
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water about 15 minutes before cooking.
- In a bowl, combine honey with soy sauce and garlic. Add the tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Stir to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 15 minutes in the fridge, ideally for 8 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium-high power.
- Drain tofu, peppers, and zucchini. Reserve the marinade.
- Alternatingly pierce cubes of tofu, peppers, and zucchini on skewers.
- Place the skewers on the hot and oiled barbecue grill. Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with a little marinade.
- Serve with rice if desired.
Calories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 10gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 824mgPotassium: 458mgFiber: 2gSugar: 21gVitamin A: 1089IUVitamin C: 102mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 2mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Something to say? Leave a comment.