Step up your brussels sprouts game with these flavor-packed Buffalo Brussels Sprouts. That irresistible crunch of roasted Brussels sprouts pairs perfectly with a bold and tangy buffalo sauce. And it only requires five simple ingredients!
So many of my readers think they don't like brussels sprouts, when in reality they've just never had really good brussels sprouts before. So if you think brussels sprouts are bland - these buffalo brussels sprouts are going to rock your world.
These Buffalo Brussels Sprouts are:
- An easy 5 ingredient recipe.
- gluten free
- Ready in under 30 minutes!
How to Make Buffalo Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Next wash, and slice sprouts in half. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Spread out on a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes tossing half way through.
- Mix up the sauce and spread on the sprouts, and return to the oven.
- Once ready, serve warm.
Scroll down for the full ingredient list and directions in the recipe card below!
Helpful Tips & Variations
Prepping the Brussels Sprouts
Before cooking, rinse the Brussels sprouts under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris. Pat them dry with a paper towel. Then, cut off the stem end of each Brussels sprout and remove any wilted or yellowed outer leaves. Then slice in half for the recipe.
Mix up the Spices
I went relatively simple with the spices here, as the buffalo sauce does all the heavy lifting. But you can add extra herbs or spices to adjust the flavor to your own liking. Adding a dash of chipotle powder will up the spice level too!
Try shaving the brussels sprouts instead of slicing in half for a slightly different take. Tis will result in a much crispier dish! The cook time will be shorter - once they are browned up, then toss with sauce and cook an additional few minutes.
The Buffalo Sauce
I used Frank's Buffalo Sauce for this recipe, which is my personal favorite. I fidn the spice level to be relatively mild but with lots of flavor. And it's vegan friendly too. They also have an extra hot variety if you want to up the spice factor.
Can you use frozen Brussels sprouts for roasted buffalo Brussels sprouts?
While it's best to use fresh Brussels sprouts, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts for this recipe in a pinch. Make sure to thaw them completely before roasting, and pat them dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
How do you store leftover Brussels sprouts?
Store the brussels sprouts in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 days. Then you can reheat them in the microwave or in a skillet on the stovetop. You can also eat them cold as a salad topping!
What can you serve with roasted buffalo Brussels sprouts?
Roasted buffalo Brussels sprouts can be served as a side dish or as a snack. They are especially perfect for a tailgate party and pair well with other game-day foods such as cauliflower wings, black bean sliders, or nachos.
You can also serve them with a veggie charcuterie board and a dipping sauce like ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing to cool down the spiciness.
More Tasty Ideas
If you love these buffalo brussels sprouts, be sure to check out these other delicious buffalo-inspired ideas:
- Preheat oven to 425 F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place the brussels sprouts on the baking sheet and drizzle with1 tablespoon of olive oil, toss to coat
- Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through
- Meanwhile mix together the remaining olive oil, franks, garlic powder and salt
- Drizzle the buffalo sauce over the brussels sprouts
- Then return to the oven to bake an additional 3-5 minutes, until sauce is bubbly
- Serve warm