If you're looking for an absolutely irresistible dip that everyone will love, you've found it! Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is delicious and offers a meat-free twist on the classic buffalo flavor. This is an excellent dish for your next party or game-day gathering.
This dip takes less than half an hour to make. It uses pantry-staple ingredients and can be served with a huge number of foods. Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is versatile and fantastic! Enjoy this dip with your favorite crackers, celery, bread, or anything else suitable for dipping. This dip can be customized and carefully curated to suit your taste.
If you love this dip, there’s a good chance you’ll love some of our other favorite dips too! Dipping is fun and dips are always a perfect addition to nearly any occasion.
This dip is easy to make and a twist on a nostalgic favorite. It’s sure to be a favorite with whomever you’re serving it to.
This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is...
- Loaded with ooey-gooey cheesy goodness
- Completely customizable
- Made with ingredients you probably already have
- Ready in 30 minutes
- An easy crowd-pleasing dip
And if you're looking for even more tasty lunch ideas, go check out my new e-book Healthy Plant-Based School Lunches. It's loaded with all my favorite tips for making meatless school lunches that the kids will love!
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add part the green onion and sauté until soft, saving the dark green for later.
- Chop the cauliflower until it’s the consistency of rice.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet, stirring and cooking until cauliflower is tender.
- Add cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Once combined, add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Once the mozzarella cheese is melted, remove from heat and serve.
Full directions for how to make Buffalo Cauliflower Dip are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
You must keep the cauliflower in the skillet until it's tender and the liquid has reduced. If you rush this step, the dip will develop a soggy, watery taste.
Keep your leftovers in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Then, when you want to reheat the dip, do so over the stove with a pot or a skillet.
If you reheat the dip on the stove, heat it over medium heat, stirring regularly so it doesn't stick to the bottom. If you reheat it in the oven, place it in an oven-safe tray with the oven at 400°F for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
When choosing a head of cauliflower, it should feel a tad heavy in your hand. Choose a head that is consistently white throughout the vegetable. The florets should be tightly packed and protected by the cauliflower leaves. The leaves should be green and without holes or discoloration. And the entire head of cauliflower should be without any blemishes, brown spots, or other imperfections.
Serve your dip with any of the following:
- Celery sticks
- Sliced bell peppers
- Cucumber slices
- Toasted baguette slices
- Tortilla chips
Variations to Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
Change It Up
This dip is very customizable. Swap the ranch dressing for a teaspoon of ranch seasoning, experiment with different kinds of shredded cheese, or swap the sour cream for Greek yogurt.
If you prefer dips with a more fiery flavor, then add more Buffalo sauce. If you prefer less, then add less sauce. Get creative, try new things, and make this dip exactly how you want it!
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip FAQs
How long can I keep this dip in the fridge?
You can keep this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to seven days. After that, it can be reheated on the stove or in the oven, depending on your preference.
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ Buffalo Sauce like Frank’s Hot buffalo sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 green onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- tortilla chips
- carrots celery, red bell pepper sticks
- fresh bread
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the white and light green parts of the chopped green onions and sauté for 1–2 minutes until the onion is soft. Keep the dark green pieces aside.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and process it until rice consistency. You can use a food processor or a grater to do this step.
- Add the cauliflower rice with the sauté green onion. Stir over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender—its liquid will reduce, and it will turn lightly golden. This will take around 10–15 minutes depending on the amount of cauliflower you’ve got.
- Add the cream cheese, salt, and ground black pepper. Stir over the stove until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the sour cream, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, dark green parts of the green onion, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Mix to combine. Adjust salt and buffalo sauce to taste.
- Once mozzarella is melted, remove dip from heat and serve warm.
- It's essential that the cauliflower is tender and the liquid has reduced before adding the rest of the ingredients; otherwise, the dip will have a watery taste.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. To reheat the dip over the stove, use a pot or a skillet over medium heat, stirring regularly, so it doesn’t stick in the bottom.
- To reheat the dip in the oven, place it in an oven-safe tray with the oven at 400°F for 8–10 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble.
- This is a very customizable dip! Though the cauliflower and the buffalo sauce are the key ingredients, you can add or remove any of the others. For example, you can replace ranch dressing with ranch seasoning (1–2 tbsp), or shredded mozzarella with shredded cheddar cheese, and sour cream with natural greek yogurt.