Artichoke hearts blended into the recipe make this artichoke hummus so creamy and fresh. Serve with anything you feel like to dip, or spread on sandwiches and crostini for a pop of veggie goodness!
- 3 cups canned chickpeas drained with liquid reserved
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini sesame paste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 cups frozen spinach thawed, patted dry, and chopped
- 2 cups canned artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the hummus: Combine the canned chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, tahini, some lemon juice, and plenty of seasoning in a food processor.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth, adding some of the reserved chickpea liquid through the funnel as it blends to achieve the right consistency.
- When ready, add the spinach and artichoke hearts and pulse a few times to incorporate into the hummus. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice if needed.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- To serve: Remove the hummus from the fridge 10 minutes before eating.