We love non-traditional twists on our favorite classics and this Rhubarb Tiramisu with Pistachios will blow your dessert mind!
For the rhubarb:
- 3 cups rhubarb cut into 1.25 cm | 0.5" slices
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the cream:
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 - 10 sponge lady fingers
- shelled pistachios
- For the rhubarb: Combine the rhubarb, sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and the fruit is very soft, about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Transfer the rhubarb and syrup to a bowl. Cover and chill until cold, about 2 hours.
- For the cream: Beat together all the ingredients for the cream in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
- To assemble: Break the lady fingers into large pieces, arranging them in the bases of four serving jars.
- Soak with a little of the rhubarb syrup. Spoon the mascarpone cream on top and top the cream with the rhubarb fruit.
- To serve: Serve immediately with a garnish of pistachios or cover and chill until ready to serve.