A couple of eggs, chickpeas, and a few jalapeños give these healthy Spicy Veggie Breakfast Bowls a taste-packed kick that will start your day right.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 8 cups mixed leaf salad
- 4 jalapeño peppers seeded and sliced
- 1 ¼ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 cups canned chickpeas drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 large ripe avocado halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 small bunch mint leaves only
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat.
- Crack eggs into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Fry until the whites and yolks are set, 4-5 minutes. Slide out of pan onto paper towels.
- Arrange the salad, jalapeños, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions and sliced avocado in bowls.
- Top with fried eggs and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, mint leaves and red pepper flakes before serving.