Almond butter gives these vegan blondies a rich, decadent taste. Bake up a batch for a snack, a party, or any excuse to have a delicious treat!
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour unbleached
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350°F | gas 4. Grease and line an 20 cm | 8" square baking pan with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the almond butter, almond milk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Beat well until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour, almond meal, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and fold thoroughly until combined. Finish the batter by folding in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden-brown and dry to the touch on top.
- Remove to a cooling rack. Once cool, turn out and cut into nine squares before serving.