This simple Zucchini Roll-Up recipe makes a great side or snack with kid-friendly delivery of grownup taste profiles and healthy ingredients.
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 zucchini sliced lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Discard the outermost slices of zucchini and brush the rest of the slices with the oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated grill or grill pan for about 4 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, parsley, basil and lemon juice, mashing with a fork.
- Put ½ teaspoon of the cheese mixture about ½-inch from the end of a zucchini slice. Roll up and place on a platter. Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
Calories: 168kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 7gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 52mgPotassium: 829mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1167IUVitamin C: 59mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 2mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Looks good to me! 😉