Easy and delicious, these Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli will make you fall in love with Brussels sprouts! Even your pickiest eaters will love these spicy tacos.
I know that pumpkin and apples get all the love this time of year, but I get just as excited when I see Brussels sprouts back in season. If you've had them fresh, then you know what I'm taking about. They're so much better than the frozen kind and are way more versatile!
I prefer Brussels sprouts roasted, but they're also delicious when shredded in salads or sautéed on the stovetop. If my mom had served them to me that way as a child—rather than frozen and boiled—then I might not have hated them for the first twenty years of my life.
Now they're easily one of my favorite vegetables. Not only because they taste good, but because they're packed full of feel good nutrition.
Like many of the cruciferous veggies, Brussels sprouts are rich in vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium. But less commonly known is that Brussels sprouts are also a good source of brain boosting omega-3 fatty acids.
So if you don't eat fish, these little green cabbages make a great alternative!
As I mentioned before, Brussels sprouts are super versatile and happen to make a delicious addition to tacos.
These tacos start with a base of refried black beans for protein, a simple red cabbage and carrot slaw, and crispy roasted Brussels sprouts topped with a chipotle lime aioli. They're so simple yet packed with flavor!
This Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli recipe is...
- Super tasty
- Full of vitamins and minerals
- A little bit spicy
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli
- Preheat oven and prep baking sheet.
- Prep & slice Brussels sprouts, toss with oil and salt, and roast.
- Assemble red cabbage and carrot slaw.
- Whip together chipotle aioli.
- Heat refried beans and season to taste.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Full directions for how to make Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli
Make sure to warm up your tortillas before assembling your tacos. You can easily do this using a skillet on the stove or a tortilla warmer. Having warm tortillas will make your tacos easier to manage and give them that extra touch!
Speaking of flavor, the end result will depend on what type of refried beans you use. Mine were lightly salted and I found that I needed to add a squeeze of lime juice, cumin and sea salt to make them pop a little more.
Whatever kind you use, I would taste test them first and add seasonings as needed. Chili powder will also work if you have that on hand!
Variations to Roasted Brussels Sprout Tacos with Chipotle Aioli
If you don't have to worry about eating gluten-free, you can swap out your tortillas. Instead of corn tortillas, try regular flour tortillas or wheat flour tortillas. You could even try one of those flavored tortillas!
Alternatively, you could even use crunchy taco shells for your Brussel sprouts tacos. Which tortilla option is the best? The tortillas—or taco shells—you already have on hand, of course!
Don't have any red cabbage or carrots on hand? Not to worry! You can easily swap the slaw in these cabbages for whatever veggies you have on hand. In fact, you could even use some leftover salad mix in place of the slaw.
More Meatless Taco Recipes
- Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Black Bean Tacos
- Chickpea & Tofu Thai Peanut Tacos
- Pulled Spaghetti Squash Tacos with Avocado Slaw
- Grilled Veggie Tacos with Chimichurri
- Chipotle Tempeh Tacos with Peach Salsa
If you're on your way to a more plant based lifestyle, be sure to check out our Veggie Kickstart Kit. It's packed with easy and tasty vegetarian dinners, effortless packable lunches, and easy grab-and-go breakfasts. And they’re so good - you’ll never miss the meat again!
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 tbsp high heat cooking oil
- fine sea salt to taste
- 2 cups red cabbage thinly sliced (about ½ small head)
- 2 cups carrots shredded
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ lime juiced
- 16 oz vegetarian black refried beans*
- 12 corn tortillas warmed in a skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Remove any gnarly leaves from the Brussels sprouts then chop off the stems and slice each one in half. Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the baking sheet, toss with oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the red cabbage and carrots in a large bowl. Add the apple cider vinegar, sprinkle with salt, and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chipotle powder, and lime juice. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer the black refried beans to a bowl for microwaving or a small saucepan to heat over the stove. Microwave for 1 minute or cook until warm. Taste test to see if you prefer more salt, seasonings (such as cumin, chili powder, lime juice, or more salt), and adjust as needed.
- Spread the black beans on top of the warm tortillas, top with cabbage mixture, and roasted brussels sprouts. Drizzle with chipotle aioli, serve, and enjoy!