The best vegan potato recipes that anyone can enjoy! Potatoes are a versatile and delicious ingredient that is accessible, budget-friendly and a key part of vegan cooking. This collection of recipes features options for dinners, breakfasts, side dishes and snacks that are guaranteed crowd-pleasers.
I think I eat potatoes in some form every single day. They’re a staple in vegan cooking, and are a great option for anyone when you don’t quite know what to cook. So, today I’m sharing a collection of my favorite vegan potato recipes for you to pick and choose from according to personal preference!
If you’re new to making plant based meals, these simple and easy recipes are perfect for adding to your weekly meal rotation for dinners and lunches. But there are also many options for snacks, appetizers and side dishes that will impress any potato lover. And that’s pretty much all of us!
What’s to love about potatoes?
Potatoes are an ingredient that you should always have in your kitchen. If you’re ever not sure what to cook, a potato-based dish may be a great option for you. Potatoes are:
- Versatile! You can boil them, roast them, bake them in the oven, or even use the microwave if you’re short on time. Then, use them as you wish to make a whole variety of creative plant based recipes.
- Delicious. This goes without saying. In any form, potatoes are guaranteed to taste good without the need to add a lot of extra ingredients or spend hours in the kitchen.
- Accessible. You can go to any supermarket, and find a wide variety of potatoes available throughout the entire year.
- Budget-friendly. You can get potatoes at a very cheap price pretty much everywhere, especially if you buy them in bulk.
- Long-lasting. Potatoes can be kept in a cool, dark storage cupboard for a long time without going off, and they can also be frozen very easily.
Are potatoes vegan?
Absolutely! Hence they’re a key ingredient in so many vegan recipes. Whether vegan or not, anyone that makes plant-forward meals also loves potatoes. But, not all potato recipes are vegan. A lot of them use dairy, eggs and other animal products, but the great news is that all of these can be easily veganised using just a few tweaks.
Breakfast potato recipes
Potatoes are great for making sweet and savory vegan breakfasts alike! If you want a cozy start to the morning or want to cook up an impressive weekend brunch, give one of these recipes a go.
Dinner and lunch potato recipes
These are so many main course options you can make with potatoes! From pasta dishes to curries, dumplings and gnocchi, there is something for every preference.
Potato soup recipes
You just can’t go wrong with a vegan potato soup! There are so many different options in which potatoes are the star ingredient. A lot are meal prep and freezer-friendly, too.
Vegan potato side dishes
Not sure what to make for a side dish that will impress vegans and meat eaters alike? Opt for a side dish containing potatoes! They’re easy to make, and can take any meal to the next level.
Potato snack recipes
Potatoes make not only excellent side dishes, but also a hearty snack in any shape! Whether as fries or croquettes, you can tailor them to your preference and make these fun recipes from scratch in no time.
More vegan resources and guides
- 30 easy vegan weeknight dinners that are great for busy people!
- 20 tofu and tempeh recipes you have to try out.
- 20 vegan sauces to level up your meals.
Let me know – which one of these potato recipes is your favorite? If you give any of them a try, be sure to let me know – I love to hear from you!