Are you ready for a party in your mouth? Then get ready for this vegan funfetti cake! Not only is it beautiful, but it's also super delicious and easy to make. This makes a wonderful vegan birthday cake or an easy dessert for a special occasion.
First off, let's talk about the appearance of this cake. The rainbow sprinkles baked into the batter create a fun and festive look that's perfect for any celebration. And when you cut into the cake, the sprinkles reveal themselves in a colorful and whimsical way that's sure to put a smile on your face.
First and foremost, let's talk about the cake itself. This cake is light and fluffy, with a tender crumb that melts in your mouth. And of course, we can't forget the funfetti! Sprinkles are mixed into the batter for a burst of color and sweetness.
But what about the frosting? Traditional buttercream is off-limits for vegans, but fear not! We’ve whipped up a homemade vegan buttercream frosting too.. And of course, more sprinkles are added on top for a fun and festive touch.
Tips & Variations
Use room temperature ingredients.
Let the vegan butter and almond milk warm to room temperature before baking, for easier mixing and a smoother batter. (This is true of all baking recipes - vegan or not!)
The toothpick test.
Not sure if the funfetti cake is done baking? To test if the cake is ready, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
Funfetti for all occasions!
Switch up the sprinkle colors to match the celebration. Red and green for Christmas, pastels for Easter, or red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July.
Add lemony goodness.
For a new take on this cake, add some lemon zest to the batter for a citrusy twist. And if that sounds amazing, check out this vegan lemon cake too.
Switch up the frosting.
You can use any vegan frosting of your choice. I used a simple vegan buttercream, but a vegan cream cheese frosting would make for an extra indulgent treat.
Make it cupcakes!
Bake this recipe into vegan cupcakes instead of a cake for a cute and easy-to-serve option.
Whether you're celebrating a birthday, a holiday, or just a Tuesday, this cake will bring a smile to your face and a celebration to your taste buds. So what are you waiting for? Let's get baking!
More Vegan Sweets
If you love this vegan funfetti cake, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- No Bake Vegan Cake Pops
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake
- Vegan Vanilla Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Vegan Red Velvet Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease two 8” cake pans and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the oil and sugar on high until well combined, add the applesauce and mix well; stir in the vanilla extract
- Mix together the almond milk and vinegar; set aside
- Add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture
- Followed by half the almond milk mixture
- Fold in the sprinkles until evenly distributed
- Divide the batter between the two prepared pans
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan onto a wire rack and cooling completely
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the butter and the sugar and beat on high until light and fluffy
- Add the milk until desired consistency is reached the add vanilla and beat again
- Depending on the brand of vegan butter you may need to chill the frosting to firm it up
- Frost the cooled cakes with the prepared frosting, then add rainbow sprinkles
- Store cake in the fridge