Get ready to go bananas over this banana pound cake! It’s perfectly moist, rich and buttery, and ready in under an hour. Yum!
If you're anything like me, you're always on the lookout for new dessert recipes that are both delicious and easy to make. And if you're a fan of bananas, you're going to love this banana pound cake recipe. It's a perfect dessert for any occasion, from a casual brunch to a fancy dinner party.
First of all, let's talk about the texture of this cake. It's dense, but not heavy. It's moist, but not soggy. It's just the right combination of fluffy and substantial. And the flavor? Well, it's banana-y, of course! But it's also sweet and buttery, with just a hint of vanilla. It's basically everything you want in a pound cake, with the added bonus of all that banana goodness.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it's so easy to make. You don't need any fancy equipment or ingredients - just a mixing bowl, a hand mixer, and some basic pantry staples. And if you've got some overripe bananas lying around, this is the perfect way to use them up.
So, what are you waiting for? Let's get baking!
Tips & Variations
Add nuts or chocolate chips.
If you're feeling fancy, you can add some chopped nuts (like walnuts or pecans) or chocolate chips to the pound cake batter. Just fold them into the batter right before pouring it into the pan.
Top with simple syrup.
I topped my banana pound cake with a simple glaze, but you can serve it topped with simple syrup as an alternative. Just mix equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan, bring it to a boil, then simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly. Poke a few holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick. Then drizzle over the cake just before serving.
Make it gluten free.
If you want to make a gluten-free version of this cake, you can substitute a gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour. Or check out this gluten free Banana Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. I also have a vegan pound cake recipe!
Make mini pound cakes.
Finally, if you want to make mini banana pound cakes instead of one large one, you can use a muffin tin instead of a bundt pan. Just adjust the baking time accordingly - they'll probably only need about 20-25 minutes in the oven.
And there you have it - a delicious and easy banana pound cake recipe, with some helpful tips and variations to make it your own. I hope you enjoy making and eating this cake as much as I do!
More Tasty Treats
And if you love this banana pound cake recipes, be sure to check out these other delicious ideas:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time; mixing well after each addition
- Mix in the banana and vanilla extract
- Slowly add the flour mixture first then with the sour cream mixture
- Alternately add the flour and sour cream in 2-3 smaller additions
- Mix well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan, then bake in preheated oven.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely
- Prepare the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drizzle over the completely cooled cake
- Serve and enjoy!