This vegan pound cake is light and fluffy— the perfect treat! And it's easy to make with just six simple ingredients.
This pound cake tastes just like the traditional pound cake that we all know and love, but it’s completely dairy-free and egg-free. This has quickly become one of my own favorite vegan cake recipes.
Sprinkled with a dusting of powdered sugar, this cake makes for a great breakfast treat or a simple dinner party worthy dessert.
This vegan pound cake recipe is:
- Easy to prep in just 15 minutes!
And it's simple to make with just six basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Yum!
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How to Make Vegan Pound Cake
- Mix apple cider vinegar with soy milk.
- Whisk together softened vegan butter and brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Add the wet ingredients.
- Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Cool, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
Fold, Don’t Beat
You can whisk the ingredients together lightly, but avoid beating the ingredients. To make sure that the cake comes out fluffy, fold in the ingredients gently until they are fully combined.
Keeping it Fresh
This vegan pound cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days. To keep it moist, wrap it in saran wrap or store it in a closed container.
This pound cake is tasty sprinkled with powdered sugar, but you can also top it with an icing or glaze.
To make a simple vegan glaze, whisk together 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk. You might also add a drop or two of flavor extract, such as lemon or orange.
Before drizzling the glaze over the cake, make sure the pound cake is completely cooled.
Serve With Fruit & Cream
This cake tastes great on its own, but you can also serve it with fresh fruit and dairy-free whipped cream. That's also the way I like to serve my vegan cheesecake!
FAQs About Vegan Pound Cake
Why is my vegan cake so dense?
If you add too much flour, it can make the cake too dense. You also want to make sure the batter retains as much air as possible. There are a couple ways you can do this.
In general, you can make your pound cake fluffier by sifting your flour.
Also, prep your pans before preparing the cake. This will decrease the amount of the time that the batter sits and loses air.
You should also avoid using an electric beater. Instead, fold in your ingredients.
Are Bundt cake and pound cake the same thing?
Not quite. But for some reason, I get that question a lot. A bundt cake is a rounded cake with a hole in the middle. So it's about the shape of the cake. You can pour any type of cake batter into a bundt pan—including pound cake.
Pound cake is a dense, moist cake that can baked into any shape — even Bundt shaped.
How long should you beat a pound cake?
If you really must use an electric mixer, then mix the ingredients on medium-high to high for 3–7 minutes. But when you combine the liquid ingredients with the dry ingredients, use low to medium-low.
If you want your pound cake to be fluffier, then fold in the ingredients and avoid using an electric mixer at all.
What is the best flour to use for pound cake?
You can use all-purpose flour or cake flour. Using cake flour will make your pound cake slightly softer and a bit less dense.
Can you overbeat a pound cake?
If you overbeat the eggs or butter and sugar, the cake may rise too much in the oven and overflow. To avoid this, don’t use your electric mixer on high.
Overbeating your eggs can also create a crumbly crust—so take care not to overbeat the pound cake.
More Vegan Cake Recipes
If you love this vegan pound cake, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan cake recipes:
And don’t forget to grab a copy of my free vegan cheat sheet too! It’s packed with my favorite easy substitutions to help you make just about any recipe vegan!
- Pre heat the oven to 180 C / 350 F. Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vegan butter and brown sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and baking powder. Mix together.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the butter mixture and soy milk mixture. Fold together until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Place into oven and bake for about 60 minutes. It’s ready when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let pound cake cool down before removing from the loaf pan. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the cake before serving.