This Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting is delicious atop cakes and cupcakes! It's creamy with a hint of maple, and it’s completely vegan!
It’s super easy to make too. All you do is cream the ingredients together, and then it’s ready for decorating!
This vegan cream cheese frosting recipe is...
- ready in 10 minutes
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together the vegan cream cheese, vegan margarine, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Slowly add in the confectioners’ sugar and whisk until it’s combined.
- Repeat this until the frosting is fluffy.
- Then it’s ready to be used on cooled baked goods!
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips & Tricks
When you go to apply the frosting, make sure your cake, cupcakes, or cookies are cooled. If you try to apply the frosting to baked goods that are still warm, your frosting might melt.
You can apply the frosting with a spatula or pipe it on.
Make sure that your frosting is at room temperature when you apply it. If it has been in the fridge, let it sit out and soften. Applying chilled frosting will be quite difficult and might break apart your cake.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting FAQs
Do you have to refrigerate a cake with cream cheese frosting?
Yes! Keep your vegan cream cheese-frosted baked goods in the fridge.
When ready to serve, take your frosted dessert out of the fridge and let it sit for about an hour so the frosting can soften.
While you're here, be sure to grab our FREE 5-Day Meatless Meal Plan. It's packed with tasty recipes to make vegetarian cooking easy and delicious!
- Prepare your vegan cream cheese icing by creaming together the vegan cream cheese, vegan margarine, vanilla extract, and maple syrup until smooth. (This is best done in a stand mixer.)
- Slowly add in one cup of confectioners sugar at a time, whisking until combined. Continue mixing on high until the frosting is nice and fluffy.