Start your mornings with these Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats- a delicious and healthy breakfast that can be prepared the night before. This is a great way to prep your breakfast ahead of time, so you can simplify your mornings. You'll be craving breakfast before your alarm even goes off!
Overnight oats are a healthy and convenient breakfast that can be prepared the night before. It's a mixture of rolled oats, milk (dairy or non-dairy), yogurt, and other optional ingredients such as fruits, nuts, seeds, honey, and spices.
The oats soak in the liquid overnight, softening and absorbing the flavors of the added ingredients. Easy peasy!
This Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats Recipe Is..
- Great for meal prepping ahead of time.
- Easy to prep.
- Tasty served chilled or warmed up.
- A great base recipe for a variety of flavors.
- Wholesome and nutrient rich.
How to Make it!
- Add oats and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- In a small bowl add the other ingredients in a bowl and mix till smooth.
- Pour into the jar, and top with strawberries.
- Stir and place the lid on the jar and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with graham cracker crumbs and more berries.
Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions on how to make these strawberry cheesecake overnight oats!
Tools Needed for Recipe
Mason jars work really well for mixing up your overnight oats- and you can eat right out of them in the morning too! I'm a fan of these wide mouth mason jars, because they are easier to mix ingredients in. If you don't have a mason jar, you can use another airtight container with a lid.
Use measuring cups to ensure that you get the right ratio between wet and dry ingredients. I know it's tempting to eyeball something simple like oatmeal, but the wrong ratio will result in a mushy mess.
Tips for Success
Mix chia seeds with oats first!
Before you start adding other ingredients, make sure to mix your chia seeds with the oats in your mason jar or other container. Mixing them first will help ensure that the chia seeds don't clump together as much when the liquid is added.
Soften the cream cheese.
Make sure to use softened cream cheese for the recipe. You can simply leave your block of cream cheese on the countertop at room temperature for about an hour before preparing the recipe. If the cream cheese is not softened, it will not cream together very well and you will get a lumpy mixture rather than a smooth and creamy texture.
Variations to the Recipe
I used Greek yogurt for my overnight oats, but you can easily swap with plain yogurt or even vanilla yogurt. The Greek yogurt adds a nice boost of protein to the oats.
Mix up the Fruit
I used strawberries, but you can swap with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or other types of fruit. Or do a mix of a few types of berries for a variety of flavors.
Instead of graham crackers, try topping the oats with granola, chopped nuts, or dried fruit.
Mix in some tasty treats like mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or crushed cookies. Or try swirling in peanut butter or homemade vegan Nutella - yum!
FAQs for Overnight Oats
Do you eat overnight oats cold or hot?
Overnight oats can be eaten both cold or hot, depending on your personal preference.
If you like a cold and refreshing breakfast, you can eat the oats straight out of the refrigerator in the morning. Or warm it up in the microwave using 30 second intervals until it is warmed through.
How long are overnight oats good for?
Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It's important to keep them covered and refrigerated to prevent them from spoiling.
More Tasty Ideas
If you love these strawberry cheesecake overnight oats, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
- Ginger Peach Overnight Oats
- Vanilla Overnight Oats
- Make Ahead Veggie Egg Bites
- 25 Healthy Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 graham cracker broken into pieces
- In a 16 oz mason jar stir together the oats and chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt and maple syrup
- Stir together until smooth.
- Then whisk in the milk slowly until smooth
- Pour the milk mixture into the jar, then add the strawberries and stir well
- Cover and allow to chill in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
- Top with additional strawberries and graham cracker pieces