Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats is a delicious and healthy breakfast that can be prepared the night before. This is a great way to prep your breakfast ahead of time, so you can simplify your mornings. Give this cheesecake flavored strawberry overnight oats a try for a wholesome start to your day.
Overnight oats are a healthy and convenient breakfast that can be prepared the night before. It's a mixture of rolled oats, milk (dairy or non-dairy), yogurt, and other optional ingredients such as fruits, nuts, seeds, honey, and spices. The oats soak in the liquid overnight, softening and absorbing the flavors of the added ingredients.
Here are more oat based recipes for you to try. These carrot cake oats, matcha overnight oats, or blueberry overnight oats.
This Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats Recipe Is..
- Great for meal prepping ahead of time
- Easy prep
- Eat chilled or warm it up
- Variety in flavors can be used
- Wholesome and nutrient rich
How to Make
Full steps on how to make strawberry cheesecake overnight oats are featured below. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
- Add oats and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- In a small bowl add the other ingredients in a bowl and mix till smooth.
- Pour into the jar, and top with strawberries.
- Stir and place the lid on the jar and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with graham cracker crumbs and more berries.
Tools Needed for Recipe
Mason jars work really well for making your overnight oats. If you don't have a mason jar you just need to make sure to place a lid on the container.
Use measuring cups to ensure that you get the right ratio between wet and dry ingredients.
Tips for Success
Mix chia seeds with oats
Before you start make sure to mix your chia seeds with oats in the container. This will ensure that the oats help prevent the chia seeds from clumping up as much.
Softened cream cheese
Make sure to use softened cream cheese for the recipe. If the cream cheese is not softened it will not cream together very well as it will create clumps.
Variations to Recipe
I used Greek yogurt but you can easily swap with plain yogurt or even vanilla yogurt. The Greek will add protein to the oats.
I used strawberries, but you can swap with blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or other types of fruit. Or do a mix of fruit for a variety of flavors.
Instead of graham crackers topped with granola, chopped nuts, dried fruit, etc.
Mix in mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, crushed cookies, etc. You are welcome to swirl in peanut butter or other ingredients of choice. The options are endless.
FAQs for Overnight Oats
Do you eat overnight oats cold or hot?
Overnight oats can be eaten both cold or hot, depending on personal preference.
If you like a cold and refreshing breakfast, you can eat the oats straight out of the refrigerator in the morning. Or warm it up in the microwave for 30 second intervals until it is warmed through.
How long are overnight oats good for?
Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It's important to keep them covered and refrigerated to prevent them from spoiling.
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 graham cracker broken into pieces
- In a 16 oz mason jar stir together the oats and chia seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt and maple syrup
- Stir together until smooth.
- Then whisk in the milk slowly until smooth
- Pour the milk mixture into the jar, then add the strawberries and stir well
- Cover and allow to chill in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight
- Top with additional strawberries and graham cracker pieces
Something to say? Leave a comment.