Pizza with peanut sauce for a fun Thai twist. If you don't want to make your own peanut sauce, the peanut sauce made by Native is pretty darn good (and it's vegetarian--a lot of peanut sauces are not, so check the label!)
Servings: 6 servings
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 3 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar use less if your peanut butter is already sweetened!
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ c. water
- 1 prepared pizza crust or make your own
- ¾ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red pepper sliced into rings
- 1 small head broccoli cut into small florets and steamed
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust package.
- Heat cooking spray or oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add additional water if needed, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Spread sauce onto pizza crust. Top with cheese, mushrooms, red pepper rings, and broccoli florets. Bake in oven according to crust instructions.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 436kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 21gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 662mgPotassium: 532mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1142IUVitamin C: 103mgCalcium: 270mgIron: 3mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Turning the Clock Back says
this looks so good! California Pizza Kitchen used to have a Thai pizza but I haven't seen it in a year...must be discontinued!
peanut sauce on pizza? ahhhh so glorious!!!! <3 love it!
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons
It looks lovely.
Rachel R. says
We love peanut sauce. This looks both healthy and delicious!
Texas Type A Mom says
I told my husband about this recipe and he said it sounds good, just needs chicken! LOL
Yum! I have a mild addiction to peanut sauce. I have never thought of having it on pizza though. You've opened up a whole new world for me. It sounds delicious!
Ah mah gah. This looks so good!
is there anything better than a nice peanut sauce??? but on pizza!? be still my heart! i NEVER would have thunk it! (but i'm thinkin now and can't wait to try it!)
I was just deciding whether to order pizza from Glass Nickel or make my own when I decided I'll try the Thai Pie... I just did a random search on Google and boy am I glad I came across this post. 🙂
Of all the pizzas I have ever eaten, Glass Nickel's Thai Pie remains best for me
Thank you for your version of the recipe!! I'll try this today and let you know how it turns out 🙂