Pizza with peanut sauce for a fun Thai twist. If you don't want to make your own peanut sauce, the peanut sauce made by Native is pretty darn good (and it's vegetarian--a lot of peanut sauces are not, so check the label!)
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 3 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ c. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar use less if your peanut butter is already sweetened!
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- ¼ c. water
- 1 prepared pizza crust or make your own
- ¾ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ red pepper sliced into rings
- 1 small head broccoli cut into small florets and steamed
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust package.
- Heat cooking spray or oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add additional water if needed, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Spread sauce onto pizza crust. Top with cheese, mushrooms, red pepper rings, and broccoli florets. Bake in oven according to crust instructions.