Pizza with peanut sauce for a fun Thai twist. If you don’t want to make your own peanut sauce, the peanut sauce made by Native is pretty darn good (and it’s vegetarian–a lot of peanut sauces are not, so check the label!)
- cooking spray or oil mister
- 3 button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar use less if your peanut butter is already sweetened!
- pinch of red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 prepared pizza crust or make your own
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red pepper sliced into rings
- 1 small head broccoli cut into small florets and steamed
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on pizza crust package.
- Heat cooking spray or oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms until softened and browned, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add additional water if needed, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce reaches a creamy consistency.
- Spread sauce onto pizza crust. Top with cheese, mushrooms, red pepper rings, and broccoli florets. Bake in oven according to crust instructions.