This vanilla overnight oatmeal is the ultimate easy breakfast recipe! Just combine oats, vanilla soy milk, and fresh berries- and it's ready to grab and go.
I am still on my overnight oatmeal kick - I've eaten it for breakfast every morning this week. In fact, I like it so much that the thought of eating warm oatmeal is now unpalatable to me. (Who knew it was so much better cold?!)
Having exhausted my supply of cheap mangoes (see my coconut mango overnight oats), I've moved onto other fruits, like fresh berries!
How to Make Overnight Oats
This overnight oatmeal is so incredibly simple to make that it barely qualifies a recipe. Just combine ½ cup of vanilla soymilk (or any other kind of plant based milk that you like), ½ cup of rolled oats, and ½ cup of fresh berries. Stir ingredients all together and put them in the fridge in a resealable container overnight.
In the morning, stir again and add additional milk (if you want a thinner oatmeal) and your sweetener of choice, if needed. Top it with more fresh berries for a deliciously simple breakfast!
Tips & Variations
You can use any variety of milk that you like for this recipe, and it will work just the same. I used vanilla-flavored soy milk. But almond milk or oat milk are also great choices. And of course, if you are not looking to keep the recipe vegan, dairy milk will work as well.
If you like your oatmeal a bit sweeter, add some agave syrup or brown sugar before serving in the morning.
I used a mixture of fresh blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries. You can use any fruit you like. It's also delicious topped with shaved coconut flakes or almond slivers.
More Overnight Oatmeal Recipes
If you love this overnight oatmeal, be sure to check out these recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Coconut Mango Overnight Oatmeal (my fave!)
- Ginger Peach Overnight Oatmeal
- Cherry Overnight Oatmeal
- Cocoa Nib and Pomegranate Overnight Oats
- Mix together the vanilla soymilk, rolled oats, and berries. Stir them all together and put them in the fridge in a resealable container overnight.
- In the morning, stir again and add additional milk (if you want a thinner oatmeal) and your sweetener of choice, if needed.
- Top with more berries if desired, and serve.