This oatmeal recipe is prepared the day before and makes life easier in the morning. It can be kept in the refrigerator for four days.
If you want to make some variations, you can replace the oatmeal with the same amount of quinoa, buckwheat, millet, etc.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened grated coconut
- In large bowl, mix together oatmeal, applesauce, milk, and chia and flax seeds.
- Divide the mixture into airtight containers (Mason jars). Garnish with blueberries, walnuts, and coconut.
- Refrigerate all night.