This oatmeal recipe is prepared the day before and makes life easier in the morning. It can be kept in the refrigerator for four days.
If you want to make some variations, you can replace the oatmeal with the same amount of quinoa, buckwheat, millet, etc.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup of applesauce
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened grated coconut
- In large bowl, mix together oatmeal, applesauce, milk, and chia and flax seeds.
- Divide the mixture into airtight containers (Mason jars). Garnish with blueberries, walnuts, and coconut.
- Refrigerate all night.
Calories: 153kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 43mgPotassium: 280mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 176IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 137mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
This recipe is healthy.
Alexandra Phillips says
Ohh nice cherry mixed oatmeal...
I love overnight oats! I bet cherries give a nice tart twist to this meal. I often use things like cinnamon, apples or raspberries to spice my oats but I think I'll give cherries a change. 🙂