These vegan carrot cake oats are a breakfast that tastes like dessert! Made with simple ingredients in under 10 minutes, it is also ideal for meal prep. Gluten-free and easy to make.
I've never considered myself that much of a breakfast person. Honestly, my creative brain just works better concerning lunch and dinner recipes. But you know, a girl's gotta switch things up sometimes and add a bit of creativity to breakfast. And given that I eat oats pretty much every single day, it's only appropriate to share one of my go-tos.
So, here we are with an incredibly simple vegan carrot cake oats recipe. Trust me, you want to keep this one on hand!
Vegan carrot cake oats
I know sometimes, oats or porridge have a rep of being boring. It's one of those breakfasts everyone has. Throw them on the stove with some plantbased milk, top with a chopped banana, and you're good to go. Of course, that option is great for efficiency. But, there are so many ways to switch up porridge!
One of those ways is making carrot cake oats. No worries, because just like actual carrot cake, this certainly doesn't taste like carrot. The carrot helps add texture and volume to the finished product. The overall flavour is subtly sweet, earthy and indulgent. It honestly feels like you're digging into a bowl of dessert first thing in the morning!
Serve these oats with your favourite toppings - fruit, nuts, berries, nut butter, etc. There are endless possibilities! If you want them sweeter, simply add an extra drizzle of maple syrup or another sweet sauce. You can cook these carrot cake oats either on the stove, or prepare them as overnight oats.
- Quick cook oats. Use gluten-free if necessary.
- Plant based milk of your choice.
- Maple syrup. You can also use any other liquid sweetener of your choice, or sugar.
- Cinnamon and turmeric for adding color and flavor.
How to make vegan carrot cake oats
On the stove
Add the gluten-free oats, plant based milk, maple syrup, grated carrot, cinnamon, turmeric and water to a non-stick sauce pan and stir over a medium heat for around 5 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency.
to make overnight oats, stir the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, transfer to a jar and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Other vegan breakfast recipes
- Chocolate pumpkin pancakes
- Banana bread
- Sweet potato pancakes
- Buckwheat porridge bowl
- Apple pie coconut chia pudding
Let me know in the comments: what's your favourite way to make oats? If you give these vegan carrot cake oats a go, be sure to tag me on Instagram (@ohmyveggies), and leave your feedback in the comments below.
- 1 Non-stick saucepan
- 1 cup oats ensure gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup plantbased milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup carrot peeled and grated
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup water
- Add the gluten-free oats, plant based milk, maple syrup, grated carrot, cinnamon, turmeric and water to a non-stick sauce pan and stir over a medium heat for around 5 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency.1 cup oats, 1 cup plantbased milk, 1 tbsp maple syrup, ½ cup carrot, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 cup water
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
Something to say? Leave a comment.