These easy and delicious veggie egg bites are the perfect make ahead breakfast for busy weekday mornings. Just prep a batch of these egg cups and breakfast is ready to grab and go!
I don't know about you, but I have zero time to worry about cooking in the morning. So breakfast either doesn't happen at all, or is whatever I can grab from my pantry and stuff into my face while driving.
Until now that is. It's so easy to prep a batch of these bite-sized egg cups and have breakfast ready all week long. It's a great meal prep recipe!
These egg bites are:
- Vegetarian friendly!
- Loaded with fresh and nutritious veggies.
- Packed with tons of healthy protein.
- Easy to prep once and eat all week long!
Tips & Variations
This recipes calls for 2 ½ cups of chopped veggies of your choice. You can use just about any veggies that you have on hand for the simple recipe.
Here are some that I've tried and really loved:
- Red or Green Bell Peppers
- Sweet Yellow Onions
- Artichoke Hearts (I used canned.)
- Roasted Red Peppers
You can also add some extra flavor with fresh herbs such as basil or parsley. Get as creative as you like!
- 12-cup muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray the muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add veggies and cook for 5-7 minutes, until just softened. Drain off any excess liquid, and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, mustard, curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the vegetables evenly among the 12 cups in the muffin tin. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheese, filling each cup evenly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the eggs begin to puff up.
- Allow the egg bites to cool. Then remove from the pan, and refrigerate for up to 5 days.