Pumpkin puree adds a vibrant hue and creamy texture to this easy and flavorful pumpkin hummus. And the best part - it's ready in just 10 minutes. Perfect for Fall snacking!
Hummus is hands down one of my all time favorite foods. I'm one of those people who buys a tiny container of it and before I know it, I've eaten the entire thing in one sitting. It's that good.
For that reason, I've mostly stopped buying pre-made hummus at the grocery store and instead making my own at home. It's so cheap to make and you can make a huge batch, which makes it not quite as noticeable when you eat a lot of it 🙂
The other great thing about making your own hummus is that you can make whatever flavor you want! I have a simple base recipe that I always use (chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon, salt) and then I love to mix it up and make fun hummus flavors.
Since it's now officially fall (yah!) I thought it would be fun to make a pumpkin version.
An ingredient that is pretty high on my list of favorite things is curry powder. It gives such an amazing flavor to everything you put it in. I feel like it almost has an addicting quality to it, you don't want to stop eating! It also has a nice warming aspect to it and I think it's perfect for fall.
Another reason I love hummus so much is because it's so versatile. You can have it as an appetizer with crackers and veggies, put it in a salad for a nice creamy bite, slather it onto a sandwich or even use it as a flatbread topping.
I hope you enjoy this easy curried pumpkin hummus as much as I do!
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve the liquid from one can)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of ½ large lemon or lime
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all of the ingredients (except reserved chickpea liquid) into the bowl of a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Begin running the food processor and slowly pour in chickpea liquid until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with pita bread, crackers, veggies, sandwich, or a salad.