This Vegetarian Mushroom Gravy recipe is perfect served over mashed potatoes or homemade biscuits. And you won't believe how simple it is to throw together.
There's nothing I love more than a big bowl of homemade mashed potatoes It's one of my all time favorite comfort foods.
But as a vegetarian, I've never been able to partake in the traditional gravy topping! So of course, I set out to make my own vegetarian gravy instead.
This mushroom gravy is:
- Super easy to make in under 20 minutes!
- Rich and creamy thanks to porcini mushrooms and fresh cream.
- Packed with savory flavor.
- Perfect for serving over mashed potatoes.
- Great for serving with vegetarian biscuits and gravy too!
- In a saucepan, sauté mushroom for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, fresh cream, and soy sauce.
- Bring to boiling point, then simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Dissolve the starch in water, then add to the sauce. Mix well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix in a blender, or use a hand blender, to achieve the desired texture.