Vegan chocolate pie is a dairy free pie that is loaded with chocolate flavor. A chocolate cookie crust filled with a velvety smooth chocolate filling. Add on a dollop of non-dairy whipped topping and dive in. This vegan chocolate dessert is one that will win over a crowd.
If you are a pie-lover you have to try this simple recipe. It is great for summer cookouts, holiday gatherings, or a simple weeknight dessert. Make sure to head over and check out my vegan cake recipe, it is so moist and delicious.
Also, make sure to check out my vegan mousse tart, 5 ingredient mousse, or try one of these 25 vegan chocolate desserts.
This Vegan Chocolate Pie Is..
- Easy Vegan Dessert
- Make Ahead Dessert
- Great For Parties and Events
How to Make A Vegan Chocolate Pie
Full steps on how to make this vegan chocolate pie is in the printable recipe card. This is a quick walk through on how the pie is made.
- Start by adding your tofu, melted chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa, almond butter, and almond milk in a blender. Mix on high speed until nice and smooth.
- Once creamy pour the chocolate pie filling and spread in the prepared crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours until the filling is set up.
- Top with some vegan whipped cream or a sprinkle of cocoa powder and serve.
Helpful Tips For Vegan Chocolate Pie
Reach for a medium firm tofu. If it is too firm it will not blend up the way you want it too. Make sure to take the time to whip it up to give it that thick and creamy consistency.
So I used a prepared pie crust but you are welcome to make your own vegan pie crust. Even a classic graham cracker crust instead of a cookie crust tastes delicious.
Allow The Pie Time To Set Up
Make sure you take the time to let the pie set up in the fridge. This is going to help firm up the filling so when you slice the pie it holds the shape. Otherwise, it will fall and spread once sliced.
Vegan Chocolate Pie Variations
Instead of a whipped cream or cocoa dusting add on some shaved vegan chocolate. This will add extra sweetness to the pie but also add tons of flavor.
Toast up some pine nuts and sprinkle over the top of the pie for a nice crunch factor. Or with some slivered almonds.
Next, you could consider topping your pie with fruit. Fresh raspberries, strawberries, or any other type of fruit you would like. It will compliment the chocolate tremendously.
You could add a layer of jam to the pie. Whether you spread some on the crust, add dollops that you swirl around the pie, etc. It will add a nice sweetness.
Vegan Chocolate Pie FAQs
How to store the vegan chocolate pie?
You can store your pie in the fridge covered tightly. You can place it in a sealed container or cover with foil or plastic wrap. Feel free to use how you want. Then refrigerate for 3-5 days.
Can you freeze vegan chocolate pie?
Go right ahead and freeze the pie for up to a month. Just place in a freezer friendly container and freeze for 1-2 months. Then when you want some thaw in the fridge overnight.
If you love this vegan chocolate pie, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
- 1 12 oz block medium firm tofu
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 pre-baked vegan pie crust
- Vegan whipped cream and extra cocoa powder for serving optional
- Add tofu, melted chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa powder, almond butter, and almond milk to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Allow to chill in fridge for at least 4 hours
- Serve pie cold with a dollop of vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder if desired
Something to say? Leave a comment.