These vegan oatmeal raisin cookies match up the warm flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla with juicy raisins for a totally addictive plant based cookie. And they're ready in just 20 minutes!
I've been on a cooking baking spree lately, and these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are the latest addition to my collection of vegan cookie recipes.
This easy one-bowl cookie recipes takes only five minutes to prep, and are ready to eat in just 20 minutes from start to finish.
It's a fun new twist on my reader-favorite vegan oatmeal cookies, with the addition of juicy raisins. Yum!
These vegan oatmeal raisin cookies are:
- 100% plant based
- ready in 20 minutes
- a quick vegan dessert
If you love vegan baking, make sure you grab a copy of my free vegan baking cheat sheet while you're here. It's packed with all my favorite plant-based substitutions to help you vegan-ize any recipe!
How to Make Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Mix the brown sugar and vegan butter in a medium bowl.
- Add agave syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, almond milk, and raisins.
- Mix everything together until the ingredients form a dough.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them onto the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, then cool.
Scroll down for the full recipe with measurements and detailed instructions.
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
Storing the Cookies
You can store these cookies for up to 4 days. I suggest keeping them in an airtight container to keep them soft and fresh.
Make it Gluten Free
And be sure to check out these vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies for another gluten free treat.
If you don’t have any coconut oil, you can substitute vegan butter or unsweetened applesauce. Note that cookies made with applesauce can be more dense, and you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Swap out the Raisins
Who doesn’t love a little more chocolate in their life? If you’re not a fan of raisins, try switching the raisins out for dark chocolate chips. Or for a fruitier treat, try using Craisins instead of raisins!
Make Sandwich Cookies
Or do the same with your favorite ice cream for a frozen treat.
More Vegan Cookies
If you love these vegan oatmeal raisin cookies, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan cookie recipes:
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C), and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the melted coconut oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and raisins into the same bowl and mix it all together to form a cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls and place onto the parchment lined baking tray. Press each ball a bit with a wooden spoon to help them spread. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- When you remove the cookies, they will be golden brown, but will still be very soft, which is normal. Allow them to cool on the baking tray and firm up before serving.