Mexican Cauliflower Rice Salad
An easy and healthy Tex-Mex inspired lunchbox favorite. This one’s especially perfect to prep on Sunday for no-fuss lunches during the week.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 large salads
For the onion relish:
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 large lime
For the salad:
- 1 batch of cauliflower rice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed (or kernels from 1 ear fresh corn)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
Make the onion relish:
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside to marinate at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Assemble the salad:
- In a large bowl, season the cauliflower rice to taste with kosher salt and pepper, then, if packing ahead for lunches, divide between 3 portable containers with airtight lids. Divide beans, corn kernels, and roasted red peppers among each of the containers, then top each portion with 1/3 of the salsa verde, cilantro, pepitas, and onion relish. Seal and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When packing lunch, include guacamole or a small avocado to eat on the side.
If you like the taste of raw cauliflower, you can leave it uncooked.