This creamy carrot soup can be kept for 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer. If freezing, wait to add the cream until thawing the soup.
Creamy Carrot Soup
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 medium carrots, diced
- 3 small potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 tsp herbs of Provence
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Melt the butter over high heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, cover, reduce to low heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cream. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Switch to blender and mix until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, mix in the cream, and serve.