This Potato Carrot Soup is creamy, delicious, and packed with flavor from fresh carrots, flavorful herbs, and a big swirl of cream. Yum!
There's nothing more perfect than a big bowl of creamy hot soup on a chilly evening. And this one sure hits the spot!
This Potato Carrot Soup is:
- Creamy and comforting.
- Loaded with fresh flavor.
- Easy to make vegan with one simple swap.
- Easy enough for a weeknight meal.
And it's totally delicious too!
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
You can turn this into a Sweet Potato Carrot soup by simply swapping the gold potatoes for sweet potatoes. Everything else stays the same!
You can use a store bought veggie broth for maximum convenience - or try making your own homemade vegetable stock.
This soup can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or up to 4 months in the freezer. If freezing, wait to add the coconut cream to the recipe until after thawing the soup.
I used heavy cream in this recipe. But if you would prefer a vegan version, you can also use coconut cream. Please note that coconut cream and coconut milk are not the same ingredient! So check the label carefully.
If you love this Potato Carrot Soup, check out our other soup recipes or these delicious ideas:
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter/vegan butter
- 1 onion large, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 carrots carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 gold potatoes medium, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 tsp herbs of Provence
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp heavy cream or coconut cream for vegan version
- parsley optional for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pot.
- Add the onion, cover, reduce to low heat, and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, herbs, and broth. Bring the soup to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender, to blend until the soup is a creamy consistency.
- Return the soup to the pot. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix in the cream, and serve garnished with parsley.
ooh yes creamy soup the way to go!! xD can’t wait to try this recipe 🙂 My friends and family are going to love it. lovely pictures too 😉 thank you for sharing with us! I hope you will have a great day!