This Creamy Carrot Soup can be kept for 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 4 months in the freezer. If freezing, wait to add the cream to the recipe until thawing the soup.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 8 medium carrots diced
- 3 small potatoes diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 tsp herbs of Provence
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Melt the butter over high heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, cover, reduce to low heat, and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the cream. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce to low heat and simmer 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Switch to blender and mix until smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan, mix in the cream, and serve.