This creamy, bright soup is perfect for chasing away those Winter blues. And it's great for you!
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- cilantro to garnish
- Heat oil in a soup pot on medium. Add the onion and carrots, and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Stir in garlic cloves, curry powder, and soy sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth and coconut milk and reduce heat to a simmer until carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the soup from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Use an immersion blender to blend or transfer to blender in batches. Add lime juice as you blend.
- Serve with chopped cilantro.
For a warmer vibe, try a white cheese and some pumpkin seeds for garnish!
Calories: 653kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 9gFat: 57gSaturated Fat: 44gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 1444mgPotassium: 1330mgFiber: 9gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 32641IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 159mgIron: 10mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Antri C. | Beauty Blogger & Reviewer says
Yummyyyyyy! I love coconut and soups a lot! Definitely I need to try it so I save it on my pinterest board "healthy meets tasty" xoxo keep up the good work
Great recipe. I also added some fresh grated ginger.