This grilled pear and Arugula salad is a fresh, springy salad that zings your tastebuds and finishes with a sweet surprise. You can also grill up the pears by themselves as a fantastic side dish!
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup shaved radish
- 1/4 cup shaved English cucumber
- 1/4 cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large pears cored and quartered
- Preheat grill to high.
- Add arugula, cilantro, radish, cucumber, walnut oil, vinegar, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Toss until well coated.
- Spread olive oil mixture on all surfaces of the pears. Place the pears on the grill and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until grill marks appear. Gently flip the pears over and grill another 1 to 2 minutes, or again until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Arrange equal amounts of grilled pear between individual plates, add salad to the center of each plate and serve.