Easy, cozy, and absolutely delicious! This simple herbed mushroom potato bake will wow guests or serve as a hearty dish for your family dinners.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 6 cups brown mushrooms e. g. baby bella, chestnut, brushed clean and sliced
- 3 cups potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 - 4 tbsp parsley chopped
- kosher salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) | 375°F | gas 5. Grease an oval baking dish with 1 tbsp of the softened butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over a moderate heat. Add the garlic to the oil and sauté for 20 seconds before adding the mushrooms and a generous pinch of salt.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring and tossing from time to time, until the mushrooms are lightly colored and tender to the bite. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside to cool.
- Blanch the potato slices in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well and leave to cool briefly.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the base of the baking dish before topping with the potato. Generously dot the top with the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden-brown on top. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving with a garnish of chopped parsley on top. (Can substitute chives if you wish)
Calories: 145kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 4gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 21mgPotassium: 803mgFiber: 3gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 408IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 42mgIron: 1mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Rhonda @ Change In Seconds says
Hmmm with mushrooms! Need to try the recipe this week.
Antri C. | Beauty Blogger & Reviewer says
I have to say that you have been one of my new favorite places to get inspired for new recipes 🙂 xoxo
Kelly Mahan says
Not a big fan of mushrooms, but I do love herbs and potatoes! Think I'll give this recipe a try!
Rachael - A Rotimatic User says
I tried this recipe and let me tell you, my family just loved it! Potatoes and mushroom just taste so well together. We had this with the Indian Rotis made from the Rotimatic machine and they compliment each other so well.
This looks really good and yummy. My daughter loves potato bake recipes. Great!!!