Now that the weather is getting cooler, you can warm up with this excellent apples and carrot soup recipe.
A good soup with deep and comforting flavors is easy and quick to prepare. Use some vegetables left in the bottom of your refrigerator to make this hot soup. That's how this apples and carrot soup came to be! This soup has a quite thick consistency. If it is too thick for your taste, extend it with vegetable broth.
- 6 carrots
- 2 apples
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of cream milk for a lighter version
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- Basil I use purple, but you can use whatever you have on hand
- Wash and peel carrots, potatoes, and apples. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut the onion and let it sweat with oil in a casserole dish.
- Add carrots, potatoes, apples, curry, and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil. Serve hot.