Our Spinach Artichoke Dip without mayo is creamy, rich, and better than any other version you've tried! This baked dip is made up of layers and layers of deliciousness. In other words, cream cheese, mozzarella, Greek yogurt, and more combine to make this thick, delicious dip.
This spinach artichoke dip contains a secret ingredient. Well, maybe it's not so secret. Artichokes. Artichokes are fantastic and packed with nutrients. They contain a high level of antioxidants, protein, and fiber. As a result, artichokes are often cited as a "superfood."
If you’re interested in cooking with artichokes, check out some of our best artichoke recipes:
- One-Pot Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Mini Quiche
- Artichoke Granata
- Artichoke Hummus Dip
We adore artichokes, and once you get started cooking with them, we're pretty sure you will too. This delicious baked dip is so easy to make even the most beginner chef can create it. It's the best dip to bring to parties, and you're sure to be invited to every one once your friends taste this!
This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip recipe is...
- Better than any other version you've tried!
- Made entirely without mayo
- Very easy to make
- The best dip for all your gatherings & parties
- Rich and creamy
- A comforting snack or delightful appetizer
- Super delicious
How to Make Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Preheat the oven and prepare a small casserole dish.
- Mix together liquids in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the veggies and cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and bake.
- Serve with your favorite dippables and enjoy!
Full directions for how to make Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Tips & Tricks for Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
Soften Cream Cheese
It might surprise you, but using room temperature cream cheese in this recipe is actually quite important. If cream cheese is beaten or mixed while cold, the batter will be lumpy. So it's important to use softened cream cheese for this dip recipe. The texture is everything!
How to soften cream cheese:
- Break the cream cheese into small pieces spread out on a plate. Leave on the counter for approximately thirty minutes to one hour.
- Remove the cream cheese from any packaging—except the foil—and put it in a large bowl. Cover with warm water and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove cream cheese from all packaging—including the foil—and microwave for 10 seconds at a time, flipping at each interval. (It should only take roughly 50–60 seconds total to bring the cream cheese to room temperature.)
Don't be afraid to try new dippables with our spinach artichoke dip. It tastes cheesy, rich, and delicious, and basically anything dipped into it will taste awesome! A few ideas for you to explore, though, are snap peas, sliced bell peppers, toasted baguette slices, tortilla chips, pita chips, carrot sticks, Triscuit crackers, and Ritz crackers.
Variations to Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
Change the Cheese
I used mozzarella and parmesan in this dip, but if you have other cheeses on hand, try those! Or swap out the cheeses if you love this recipe and just want to try it another way. Customise your dip to suit you and your guests' taste!
Cheeses to try:
Add Some Dill
Sprinkle some dill weed over the dip before baking. Why? Well, first, your house is going to smell incredible, and second, dill is so tasty! It doesn't take much to add lots of flavor, so a light sprinkle over the prepared dish will be plenty. You could always add more dill at a later time if you want more!
Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip FAQs
Does this dip require refrigeration?
This dip can be served warm and left out for several hours. Then, when you're ready to put it away, simply cover the remaining dip and store it in the fridge. You can keep it in the fridge for one week.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly oil a small casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mash together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Some lumps are okay, but you could also use a mixer to get it smooth.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese, artichoke hearts, spinach, and parmesan cheese .
- Mix until evenly distributed.
- Add the mixture to the prepared dish, then bake for 30–40 minutes or until the dip is warmed and bubbly.
- Serve dip with chips or your other favorite dippable!