Round-Ups/ Tips & Hints

50 Vegetarian Pizza Recipes

50 Vegetarian Pizza Recipes

50 Vegetarian Pizza Recipes

Have I ever mentioned what a terrible vegetarian I was when I first stopped eating meat? I definitely fit the stereotype of someone who gives up meat and replaces it with pizza and Doritos. (In my defense, I did eat a lot of veggies too. Also, I was 12.) Although I haven’t eaten a Dorito in about a decade, I will always have a soft spot for pizza. Bad pizza, good pizza, it doesn’t matter to me. We usually have it about once a month, either homemade or takeout. I could probably start a second blog dedicated to vegetarian pizzas, in fact.

Do you love pizza too? Of course you do! Here are 50 vegetarian pizza recipes.

Grilled Caprese Naan Pizza RecipeGrilled Caprese Naan Pizza
French Bread Pizza with Pesto & Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Apple Cheddar Pizza with Caramelized Onions & Walnuts
Moroccan Spiced Scalloped Potato Pizza [Lady and Pups]
Barbecue Tofu Pizza [Kitchen Treaty]
Butternut Squash and Sage Pesto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze [Dishing Up the Dirt]
Shaved Asparagus and Ricotta Pizza [Just a Taste]
Spinach Artichoke and Blue Cheese Pizza [Half Baked Harvest]
Caramelized Onion, Apple, and Blue Cheese Naan Pizzas [Once Upon a Cutting Board]
Mango and Hatch Chile Pizza with White Garlic Crust [Vegan Richa]

Fresh Corn and Poblano PizzaFresh Corn, Poblano, and Cheddar Pizza
Sweet Corn, Vegetarian Sausage & Thyme Pizza
Portabella & Kale Pizza with Roasted Garlic Sauce
Strawberry Pizza [The Cooking Bride]
Garlic Rosemary Three Cheese Pizza [Taste and Tell]
Leek, Potato and Rosemary Pizza [London Bakes]
Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Pizza [Averie Cooks]
Garlicky Greens and Fried Egg Pizza [Beard and Bonnet]
Artichoke, Arugula & Olive Pizza [Cook for Your Life]
Nectarine Pizza with Fresh Basil and Reduced Balsamic [Alexandra Cooks]

Lemon Gremolata Pizza with Cauliflower CrustLemon Gremolata Pizza with Cauliflower Crust
Pesto Pizza with Roasted Red Peppers, Cremini Mushrooms & Asparagus
Grilled Greek Pizza [A Spicy Perspective]
Fontina, Fennel and Onion Pizza [Martha Stewart]
Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Pizza [Eating Well]
Margherita Pizza Cups [Amuse Your Bouche]
Breakfast Pizza with Avocado and Fried Egg [What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today]
Veggie White Pizza [Girl Makes Food]
Indian Cauliflower Pizza [Food Fanatic]
Local Farmers Market Pizza [Cooking Light]

spicy_mango_pizza_with_black_beans_and_zucchiniSpicy Mango Pizza with Black Beans & Zucchini
Sweet Potato Pizza with Kale and Caramelized Onions

Mexican Black Bean Pizza [Local Kitchen]
California Pizza with Sourdough Crust & Avocado [Teach Eat Love]
Veggie Asian Biscuit Pizza [Tablespoon]
Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Pizza [Foxes Love Lemons]

Tracy | Peanut Butter and Onion
    May 7, 2013 at 8:20 am

You can never have enough pizza !!!! love this!

Averie @ Averie Cooks
    May 7, 2013 at 8:31 am

Thanks for linking up my Roasted Sweet Potato and Goat Cheese Pizza! And today you made that comment on my mango tortilla pizza….ah, you were doing this roudup. Love it!

And Doritos were something I gobbled like crazy as a kid πŸ™‚

May 7, 2013 at 9:52 am

I ate Doritos and Cheetos so much as a kid I’m pretty sure my fingers were just permanently orange. πŸ™‚

Kathryn
    May 7, 2013 at 8:39 am

This is an awesome collection – the idea of having a different pizza every night for 50 days has got me feeling pretty darn hungry. I can’t wait to try some/all of these!

PS thank you for the link to my leek, potato and rosemary pizza!

May 7, 2013 at 9:49 am

You’re welcome! πŸ™‚ I love that recipe!

Cassie | Bake Your Day
    May 7, 2013 at 9:24 am

I love pizza of all kinds. This is a great list!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen
    May 7, 2013 at 9:57 am

We live so far away from any pizza place that I have learned to make good pizza at home. Love all of this inspiration!

Meadow
    May 7, 2013 at 10:01 am

You forgot port-caramelized onions, walnut and arugula pizza.

Oh wait, I’ve never posted the recpe. Well…just trust me, it’s amazing. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for sharing a great list…I’m not even vegetarian, but we do try to have meat very rarely, so this list will come in handy.

May 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

You need to get on that! Port-caramelized onions?! I’ll take a bowl of those, thank you.

Caitlin
    May 7, 2013 at 10:09 am

what a great round-up! i’m always searching for new recipes to try since dayv is all about tons of pizza toppings lately. can’t wait to give some of these a try! ps- thanks for including me! that pizza is my all time favorite <3

May 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

You’re welcome! I still need to try making a socca crust one of these days…

Nicole @ Treasure Tromp
    May 7, 2013 at 10:12 am

I started off as a bad vegetarian as well πŸ™‚

May 7, 2013 at 10:27 am

I think a lot of people do! And then they feel awful and think it’s because they’re not eating meat. No! It’s because you’re eating Doritos and pizza!

Lori @ Foxes Love Lemons
    May 7, 2013 at 11:02 am

Great pizza roundup! Thanks so much for including my Roasted Cauliflower & Garlic Pizza!

Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health
    May 7, 2013 at 11:06 am

I totally fell into the pizza and Boca crumbles trap when I first became a vegetarian. It’s not hard to do! But I still live eating pizza and try to make it as healthy as possible. And I don’t think I’ll ever run out of ideas after seeing all of these recipes! Thanks for sharing!

May 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Yeah, me too. Well, not Boca, I never liked them, but I was big on all the Morningstar products. All these meat subs really gross me out now!

Patricia
    May 7, 2013 at 11:46 am

So many great ideas! I’ve never grilled a pizza and thinking today might be the day, especially with so many great ideas for toppings!
    Thanks for sharing!

Laura (Tutti Dolci)
    May 7, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Vegetarian pizzas are some of the best I’ve ever had… love this round-up!

Alissa N
    May 7, 2013 at 12:26 pm

I saw that apple cheddar pizza a few weeks ago when I was drooling over your site (and procrastinating at work) and I can’t wait to make it, I think it is going to be my favorite thing ever! Thanks for the mention too, you are the best!! πŸ™‚

May 8, 2013 at 8:06 pm

That is one of my favorite pizzas. I’m kind of obsessed with apple and cheddar together. πŸ™‚

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today
    May 7, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I like it so much. I’m not vegetarian, but I’m always looking for pizza ideas. Love this post.

Corinna
    May 7, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I am going to start making these, 1 by 1, tonight!

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche
    May 7, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Thanks for linking my margherita pizza cups! I’ve never quite been able to perfect homemade pizza crust so those mini cups are a perfect alternative πŸ˜‰

McKel | Nutrition Stripped
    May 7, 2013 at 2:16 pm

Bookmarking this now! Haha thank you for doing all the work of picking through this amazing recipes for vegetarian pizza. I mean, who doesn’t like pizza!? Thanks for sharing girl πŸ˜‰

Ashley
    May 7, 2013 at 2:19 pm

You can never have enough pizza! I have a soft spot for it too : ) This is an awesome list. I have to confess that I ate way too many Doritos when I was a kid too… kinda grosses me out a little now lol

ea-the spicy rd
    May 7, 2013 at 2:38 pm

I LOVE pizza and eat way more vegetarian pizza’s than those with meat. I am kinda’ drooling right now over this round-up but don’t know where to start!

Ruta
    May 7, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I can’t thank you enough for such an awesome list. No really, I’m almost drolling. Every single pizza on that list looks absolutely amazing. I can’t wait to try some (read: all) of them out!

Nancy/SpicieFoodie
    May 7, 2013 at 2:56 pm

What a scrumptious collection! Thanks for putting it together Kiersten:)

May 7, 2013 at 3:10 pm

What an incredible list! I agree with you, I could just never say no to pizza. One of my favorite ways to order it is with pesto, breaded eggplant and ricotta cheese. We’ve had troubles with homemade pizza being too top-heavy and floppy, but I’m looking forward to experimenting more!

May 8, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Oh wow, that sounds SO good. Breaded eggplant?! Yes please!

Anne
    May 7, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Love this list! It’s so beautiful, too! (Thanks for including my California pizza as well!)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl
    May 7, 2013 at 5:43 pm

This just might be the best post ever!!! πŸ˜‰ Seriously, how can anyone not love pizza, especially vegetarian pizza?

Here is my current favorite vegetarian pizza: http://cleaneatingveggiegirl.com/2013/02/25/thai-chickpea-pizza-on-a-cauliflower-sweet-potato-crust/

May 8, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I loooove Thai pizza! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing!

Richa
    May 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm

wowza.. 50 pizzas! yes! Thanks for including my mango hatch chile garlic pizza!

• 1 2