These Sriracha Snap Peas are sweet, spicy, and savory all at the same time. We added red bell pepper for a pop of color. Like snap peas, bell peppers are best when minimally cooked so they soften a bit, but still retain some of their crisp texture. So be careful not to overcook them! Sugar snap peas just barely need to be cooked–in fact, this recipe is done in about 5 minutes. It’s enough to heat everything through and meld all the flavors together without ending up with mushy snap peas. It’s enough to make them perfect.
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or any other oil you like to cook with
- 8 oz. snap peas
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1-2 tsp. sriracha 1 1/2 tsp. was perfect for us
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Melt oil in large skillet over high heat. Add snap peas and red pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add soy sauce and sriracha; cook about 3 minutes more, or until peas are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and sesame seeds.