These Sriracha Snap Peas are sweet, spicy, and savory all at the same time. We added red bell pepper for a pop of color. Like snap peas, bell peppers are best when minimally cooked so they soften a bit, but still retain some of their crisp texture. So be careful not to overcook them! Sugar snap peas just barely need to be cooked--in fact, this recipe is done in about 5 minutes. It's enough to heat everything through and meld all the flavors together without ending up with mushy snap peas. It's enough to make them perfect.
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or any other oil you like to cook with
- 8 oz. snap peas
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1-2 tsp. sriracha 1 ½ tsp. was perfect for us
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- Melt oil in large skillet over high heat. Add snap peas and red pepper. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add soy sauce and sriracha; cook about 3 minutes more, or until peas are tender-crisp. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest and sesame seeds.