Any way you want to cook your asparagus (roast it, grill it, whatever!) will work for this recipe, and you can put the lemon-almond pesto on everything! It has the bright flavor of lemon without being too lemony, so it’s perfect for adding to vegetables–it works with them, rather than overpowering them as lemon juice sometimes does. Go get some fresh veggies!
- cooking spray or olive oil mister
- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 c. almonds I like using raw, but roasted work too
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Place asparagus on sheets in a single layer and spray tops with additional cooking spray. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender (thinner asparagus will take closer to 10 minutes).
- Combine almonds, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in food processor and process until roughly chopped. Spoon over asparagus before serving.