Any way you want to cook your asparagus (roast it, grill it, whatever!) will work for this recipe, and you can put the lemon-almond pesto on everything! It has the bright flavor of lemon without being too lemony, so it's perfect for adding to vegetables--it works with them, rather than overpowering them as lemon juice sometimes does. Go get some fresh veggies!
- cooking spray or olive oil mister
- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- ½ c. almonds I like using raw, but roasted work too
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray. Place asparagus on sheets in a single layer and spray tops with additional cooking spray. Roast for 10-15 minutes or until tender (thinner asparagus will take closer to 10 minutes).
- Combine almonds, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in food processor and process until roughly chopped. Spoon over asparagus before serving.