These mushrooms look professional, but are incredibly simple to prep and make and full of fresh flavor. Change up the mushrooms and cheese for a different spin.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups pitted black olives chopped
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley chopped
- 12 large chestnut mushrooms brushed clean
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/400 degrees F.
- Stir together the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, egg, mozzarella, and seasoning in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and spoon the mozzarella filling into them.
- Arrange in a roasting dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and tender. Season with black pepper before serving.