Clafoutis is a French dessert that pairs fresh fruits with a flan-like pastry topping. A little like a lighter cobbler, and oh-so-fresh-and-delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries hulled
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175º C. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Toss strawberries with cornstarch until evenly coated, then arrange berries, in bottom of dish and set aside.
- In a food processor, mix eggs, milk, flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Pour batter over strawberries.
- Bake until puffed, golden brown, and set in the center, about 50 minutes. Serve warm.