The classics are classics for a reason, and this Zucchini Bread is no different. It's an easy, healthy bread recipe that will have your friends and family asking for seconds.
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 fresh large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups light-brown sugar packed
- 3 cups grated zucchini packed
- 1 cup walnuts coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F / 180º F. Grease ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first seven ingredients. In a separate large bowl, whisk together applesauce, eggs, and vanilla and mix well, whisk in brown sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add zucchini, stirring to incorporate; add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter evenly between ramekins, filling each one three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Rotate tins halfway through the baking process to promote even baking.
- Transfer tins to a wire rack; let cool completely before turning out. Serve.