The keyword to this recipe is FRESH. Use it all Spring and Summer long for a fantastic appetizer, snack, or gorgeous party side!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 ripe avocados cut in half
- 1 lemon juice
- ¾ cup corn kernels
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juice, plus additional fruit for serving
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 3 ounces queso blanco
- Wet the surface of all the avocados with the lemon juice and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the avocados with 2 tablespoons of the corn salsa. Serve with additional limes.
Calories: 795kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 18gFat: 66gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 39gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 403mgPotassium: 1560mgFiber: 19gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1848IUVitamin C: 67mgCalcium: 382mgIron: 3mg
Craving more veg-friendly recipes? Shop our collection of vegetarian and vegan cookbooks, including our new Vegan Thanksgiving and Vegan Christmas cookbooks!
Kathy Fodge says
What does "1 lemon juice" mean and are you only using it to wet the cut avocado? Also is it only the juice of 2 limes in the salsa, not the limes in it? This looks fantastic, I just want to be clear on the instructions. Thanks!