Fall! When everything is pumpkin flavored!
Fall! When The Real Housewives of Atlanta is back on TV!
Fall! When sweet potatoes are plentiful!
Then while I was editing the photos for this post, I realized: oh, I did sweet potato gnocchi last week. I did do a sweet potato recipe this season. Oops. I guess since it was pasta, somehow it didn't feel like a sweet potato recipe. Or something.
But that's okay, right? Because we can all use easy side dish ideas and that's exactly what this Apple Cider Glazed Sweet Potatoes recipe is--easy! The potatoes are roasted in the oven until they're tender and then glazed with an apple cider reduction. Simple!
Back on the subject of fall, are you following my Fall Recipes board on Pinterest? I'm collecting all kinds of tasty fall foods there.
- 1 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes peeled and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- ½ c. spiced apple cider
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- While potatoes are roasting, heat apple cider in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 2 tablespoons, about 12 minutes.
- Drizzle sweet potatoes with apple cider reduction; toss to coat. Bake 5 minutes more.