Our weekly vegetarian meal plans are 5-day menus that serve a family of 4 — or less if you don’t mind leftovers! Click on each of the meal links below to get printable recipes.
Here’s this week’s meatless meal plan:
Portabella & Kale Pizza with Roasted Garlic Sauce // Resist the delivery temptation and opt for this super-easy garlicky pizza with kale and portabellas.
Chopped Power Salad with Baked Tofu and Almond-Miso Dressing // Power up for the rest of the week with this hearty, protein-packed salad. If you have leftovers, store the greens separately from the nuts, seeds and tofu and mix everything together right before you eat.
Roasted Portabella & Chickpea Burritos with Chimichurri Sauce // Portabellas make a repeat appearance on this menu. These "meaty" burritos are filled with 'shrooms, chickpeas, cauliflower rice and a savory chimichurri sauce.
Red Lentil Cashew Soup with Curry Toasted Cashews // Creamy cashewmilk serves as the base for this decadent soup topped with crunchy, spicy cashews.
Stuffed Miso Eggplant // Walnuts and veggies make a delightfully satisfying filling for a summer staple.
Tips for this week's plan
- Make Monday's pizza crust on Sunday if you want to save yourself some time during the week. (You could even make a bulk batch and freeze them for later meals.)
- Romaine is sturdy enough that you could serve Tuesday's Power Salad for lunch on Wednesday or as a side to the soup on Thursday
- If you don't want to go the cauliflower rice route in the burritos, omit it or use rice or quinoa instead
- If you can't find cashewmilk, opt for almondmilk, or make your own with this recipe (omitting the vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon, of course)
- If you're feeling ambitious, cook the stuffed eggplant on the grill!
- If you can't find Japanese eggplants, sub in small regular eggplants or even zucchini for the "boats"