Stir up some magic with these bewitching Halloween Oreo Pops! Inspired by a witch's bubbling cauldron, these treats are bursting with spooky charm.
Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. We load up the house with Halloween decorations as soon as October 1st rolls around. But I’ve recently realized that I didn’t have nearly enough Halloween recipes on the blog.
These adorable little morsels are easy to craft and even easier to devour. And bound to cast a spell on both kids and adults alike!
Supplies You’ll Need
Here are all the things you’ll need to design your own little witch’s cauldron Oreo pops!
Black and Lime Green Candy Melts. I like to use these Wilton candy melts, as they come in many colors and are easy to work with.
Halloween Sprinkles. Really any sprinkles of your choice are fine. I like these sprinkles with the extra little eyeballs. Perfect for a cauldron!
Coconut Oil. We’ll use a bit of coconut oil to thin out the candy melts a bit, so they are easier to work with.
Candy Eyes. For the eyeballs, of course. These jumbo candy eyes are perfect.
Piping Bag. For piping those lime green bubbles onto our cauldrons. I like the disposable ones for easy cleanup.
Parchment Paper. For lining a baking sheet to let the Oreo pops set after decorating.
How to Decorate the Halloween Oreo Pops
Start by melting the black candy melts. Just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until they're melted and smooth.
Now, I found the melted candy to be a bit too thick, so I added in about a teaspoon of coconut oil to get the perfect dipping consistency. Use your judgment here, as every brand will be a bit different.
Take your Oreo and gently pry one side off. Pop the stick right in the center, dab on some of the melted candy, and sandwich it back together with the other half of the cookie. Repeat with all of your Oreos. Chill them for about five minutes to allow them to set.
Now for the fun part! Dip your Oreo-cookie-on-a-stick into the black melted candy, making sure you get a good coating on both sides. Give it a little wiggle to shed any excess drips.
Lay the Oreo pops on a sheet of parchment paper and let them dry for about 10 minutes or until it feels hardened and set.
For the witchy green details, fill a piping bag with green candy melt. Melt it in the microwave in 30-second spurts, just like you did with the black candies.
Snip a small tip off the piping bag and drizzle on that vibrant green coloring. And don’t forget to jazz it up with some Halloween sprinkles!
And the candy eyes? Just use a dab of the melted chocolate to stick them onto the cauldron. Then, pipe on a cheeky green grin!
Finally, let everything set for another 10-15 minutes, and voila! Your wickedly delightful Oreo Pops are ready to be devoured.
More Halloween Fun
If you love these Halloween Cake Pops, be sure to check out these other spooky treats:
- 10 Popsicle sticks
- piping bag
- 10 oz Black Candy Melts
- 10 oz Lime Green Candy Melts
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Coconut Oil
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- Candy Eyes
- Melt the black candy melts in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring and repeating until the candies are melted and smooth.
- Add 1-2 tsp of coconut oil to the melted candies and stir, to thin out the mixture slightly. You can add more or less coconut oil to reach the desired consistency – the amount needed will vary based on the brand of candy melts being used.
- Remove one of the sides of the Oreo cookie gently. Position the stick in the center of the cookie and use a few drops of melted candy to hold it in place. Add the top cookie back and press together gently. Let set for 5 minutes before continuing.
- Carefully dip the Oreos into the black chocolate, coating both sides completely. Gently shake off any excess candy coating.
- Place on parchment paper to dry for 10-15 minutes, or until the candy coating is hardened and cooled.
- Melt the green candy melts in the microwave, in the same manner as before. Add them into a piping bag. (Carefully – they will be hot.) Cut off a small tip from the piping bag
- Draw on the green “bubbles”.
- Immediately top with the Halloween sprinkles.
- Use a bit of leftover melted candy coating to stick on the candy eyes. Pipe on a green mouth.
- Let set until fully hardened before serving.